Game prefrence: A Competitive OR Ensemble inspired RTS

@“Douglas Jr236” said:

@Fetandrey said:
Why can’t it be both? Isn’t AoE II competitive as it is?

I completely agree! Why not having an awesome single-player campaign with a modernized MOBA-like multiplayer?

Did u not just see what happened with dow 3 lol no thanks leave aoe as is, adding relic isnpkred falvour is the last thing this francjies needs but that what we’e stuck with

Honestly, if the next aoe game features faster but slightly simpler gameplay (but not a focus on heroes, I don’t like heroes, kill all the heroes) it might become my favorite version for playing in multiplayer and quick game/skirmish mode. Provided it is done well of course. In low level aoe2 games it can sometimes take about an hour before you get properly fighting, some people even prefer that as an official setting. That’s not because they’re stupid and they’re wrong and they shouldn’t play that way, that’s because it takes that much time of focusing on their economies to get a decent battle going in this game. If you make a bunch of mistakes at half that time in it feels a bit like wasting everybody’s time, you’re not getting the awesome battle you wanted as payoff but instead get slaughtered and you need to start another several hour game and do better this time. For playing campaigns and even for watching as an e-sport a more traditional aoe game would have my vast preference though, and honestly overall I would probably be disappointed if aoe4 went this way, even though I might get more hours of play out of it if it does.

That’s the trouble with following up on a known property: to be a good sequel a thing needs to retain the feeling of what came before. I’m much more willing to accept “aoe but a bit more like Starcraft” from an independent property than from an official aoe game.

Good job @Mehkind and @Augustusman flagged you for being such direct. Though I like direct people, i certainly hate guys like you in the forums who discuss other individuals but the topic. Congrats for getting flagged.

@NormChanger said:
Good job @Mehkind and @Augustusman flagged you for being such direct. Though I like direct people, i certainly hate guys like you in the forums who discuss other individuals but the topic. Congrats for getting flagged.

Kid, be mature please, you are making a storm in water glass. First at all nobody is here menacing you.
2-Flag because you don’t share an opinion isn’t valid.
3-this not avoid Relic make the game. ensemble studios is gone, they don’t coming back, I so sorry if this break your heart.RIP, sniff , sniff… :neutral:
4-I saw in reddit more respect than many guys blinded by fanboyism. I’m not refer to you, so don’t be so sensible, isdnt like you are pay to defend a position.
5- why you take so personally, even I’m was not that serious, if they do a game more Ensemble Studio, like, fine, if they don’t , fine. They don’t pay me for be in love with a single concept.
6-is franchise, is normal they make mistakes.
7-similar to last point, its a product mixed with a service, they aren’t more interested to bring the game to new generations. Personally I don’t like MOBA, but isn’t the only game inn the world.
8-if they disappoint you, this mean are more loyal to their business target, than their loyal fans, but ist their sedition when they produced a game.
9-for they are just business.(yes again).

Again, according to the rules [No name calling is allowed.] What part of that you don’t get, please tell me. Have a discussion, don’t go around calling “Kid”, “Fanboy[ism]” Also I am trying to get out of this discussion, i left it until i was getting notified that a troll “Mentioned” you in comment.

@NormChanger said:
Again, according to the rules [No name calling is allowed.] What part of that you don’t get, please tell me. Have a discussion, don’t go around calling “Kid”, “Fanboy[ism]” Also I am trying to get out of this discussion, i left it until i was getting notified that a troll “Mentioned” you in comment.

You are overacting, I barely remember even talk to you before your warning.
Show real proofs and stop making a scene where isn’t.
Where I’m trolling?
I said before its just an opinion, now be gentle and calm down.
I sorry if my opinion is considered by trolling, the people are very sensitive those days.

@NormChanger said:

And is Valentine day. Be nice.

@NormChanger said:

So, calling someone a “troll” is not name calling? The whole quarrel was over until you reopened it to police some mildly agitated comments from days ago, which may have been a little angrier and more insistant than they should have been.

And you have to agree that your “I quit this crap forum”, which started the whole thing, wasn’t very mature either. Not to say anything about the stuff before (and apparently after):

@NormChanger said:
Sorry to say but you are seriously noodle.

@NormChanger said:
@PCS70 , respectfully, this is the bunch of nonsensical & unconnectable pile of BS I have ever heard.

@NormChanger said:
I quit this crap forum, i hope i never run on to any of you ever, especially in unmoderated reddit. Enjoy your Blizzardy of empires younglings.
[mod edited]

Condescending, demeaning, not nice at all.

Could we now return to the topic, please? :slight_smile:

@justastupidman said:

@NormChanger said:

So, calling someone a “troll” is not name calling? The whole quarrel was over until you reopened it to police some mildly agitated comments from days ago, which may have been a little angrier and more insistant than they should have been.

And you have to agree that your “I quit this crap forum”, which started the whole thing, wasn’t very mature either. Not to say anything about the stuff before (and apparently after):

@NormChanger said:

@NormChanger said:
@PCS70 , respectfully, this is the bunch of nonsensical & unconnectable pile of BS I have ever heard.

@NormChanger said:
I quit this crap forum, i hope i never run on to any of you ever, especially in unmoderated reddit. Enjoy your Blizzardy of empires younglings.
[mod edited]

Yes, if we take the first games 1;2 are more competitive than the immersion.
I don’t think Relic destroy the franchise, when Ensemble Studios was closed, the saga died by few years.
But still welcome back. The fans make the game but… its nice see new creative challenges.
Aoe3 have their own fans same with Mythology.

[Mod hat on. Talk about the game. Not each other.]

@justastupidman said:

@NormChanger said:

@NormChanger said:

@NormChanger said:

@NormChanger said:
[mod edited]

Thank you for your intervention guys. :slight_smile:

@NormChanger welcome back sir, I hope we can make you happy. Now calm down. Just to show you some positive light, if you behave as talented as you write in the these Wednesdays contests, you would become a known entity in the forum. Let just leave everything behind and begin again shall we?

Definently Ensemble inspired with the same competitive vibe it has now (meaning no Dawn of war 3 or Starcraft 2)

@Mehkind I guess you are right. Sorry everyone! I will behave, and dedicate myself to make this place better along with you.

@WintryPainter69 said:
Definently Ensemble inspired with the same competitive vibe it has now (meaning no Dawn of war 3 or Starcraft 2)

Thankyou for a much needed vote. Viva la Ensemble Mechanics and game designs! I know that felt flat, but hey something.

@Mehkind the Ensemble design has a competitve edge to it anyway and AOE has a certain feel that competitve RTS:s like Starcraft 2 or Dawn of war 3 does not have. I would actually like them to do civilisations benefits akin more to AOE3 then AOE2.

@WintryPainter69 said:
@Mehkind the Ensemble design has a competitve edge to it anyway and AOE has a certain feel that competitve RTS:s like Starcraft 2 or Dawn of war 3 does not have. I would actually like them to do civilisations benefits akin more to AOE3 then AOE2.

Absolutely my friend!

You should know that Age of Empires 2 is still to this day played by ALOT of people on either STEAM or Voobly. That should tell you something how great this game is. Not many games have such a big following 19 years after release. I’ve played it on and off for 19 years myself.

@TestableWharf54 said:
If the game can stand on its own away from multiplayer or competitive play, then I don’t see anything wrong with also making it a great online experience.

But we don’t need another Starcraft clone. The RTS genre is pretty stale right now.

I think it should be focused heavily on competitive play and multiplayer. Not the other way around. If the game is not attractive to proplayers it is not going to be attractive to casual gamers either.

I guess you are right. But let us just see which route these guys choose. :slight_smile: Fair?