Game repeatedly crashing

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 73855
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: Game repeatedly crashing roughly 20 minutes into the game, doesn’t happen every time but has happened 3 out of the last 8 or so in the past few days.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Enter a 4v4 random map game
  2. Play a normal game (has happened on arena, oasis, etc.)
  3. Sometime around 15-25 minutes into the game (mid-late castle) it drops. Usually I’m just clicking economy when it happens, not in battle.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I wouldn’t get kicked out of the game.
MP Replay v101.102.8319.0 #(73855) @2023.01.04 164427 (1).aoe2record (2.4 MB)
MP Replay v101.102.8319.0 #(73855) @2023.01.03 163842 (6).aoe2record (1.9 MB)

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Game crashed again this time not even before the game started, it was in loading screen
MP Replay v101.102.8319.0 #(73855) @2023.01.04 184444 (2).aoe2record (870.3 KB)
, seems to only happen in 4v4 not 3v3

Hi @TopCommando
Can you disable your mods and restart the game after that? This issue can be caused by an outdated mod.
Thanks for the report :slight_smile:

Thanks will try. Can a warning notice be made for people experiencing crashes that also have outdated mods?

Okay, I’ll delete my entire file with mods and see if it works since 100% of my games have been crashing today in CBA Requiem every time I hit the next age.

Test 1 after deleting all mods: succes. Completed an entire game.
Test 2: success.
Test number 3: success.

If the game generated minidumps during these crashes, these could be very helpful for us to track the root of the issue, you can find them here: C:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs