Game still consuming too many resources on the main menu

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.45340.0 6228353
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

PC resources usage are at the highest when the game is at the main menu. A game with 8 extreme AI players capped to max, is less GPU and CPU intensive than just idling at the main menu. Why does this happen?

AFK at Main Menu - 66% GPU Usage

In-game Benchmark Test - 18% GPU Usage

specs are RAM: 12GB DDR3, CPU: AMD FX 6300, GPU: AMD R7 265X, HDD

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open game
  2. Stay at main menu
  3. Open task manager and look how high your CPU/GPU usage is

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Why would the main menu which looks so simple, and barely anything happening, have so much usage and stress on the PC?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

On Main Menu:

On Benchmark Test:

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

6 Likes

The same thing happens to me but it’s 100% for CPU and GPU in the menu and 90% and 80% for CPU and GPU respectively in actual games.

I can confirm same issue happening to me as well.

What are the mods that you use? Will it affect the main menu performance, like the new theme that you have or something?

1 Like

With all mods enabled, or all mods disabled, its the same result

2 Likes

That is not an issue, for GPU readings use AMD metrics on the radeon software or MSi afterburner, the menu uses a lot of resources cause of the animated sparks.

Most games that are rendering animations on the menu are pretty demanding without even playing the game, as comparison check the re2 remake menu, it stresses the gpu at 100% just being there, anyway unless you are overheating your gpu that is still within the normal parameters.

This particular problem started crashing my PC. I have to be careful not to leave the game in the main menu in the background, need to open up one of the submenus. :smiley:

I’ve done a bit a testing and found out something interesting. I have a GTX 650. In the main menu my GPU Core has high utilization - 88%, during the game this falls way under 50%. During the loading screen the utilization is just over 50%, a bit higher then in game. I use openhardwaremonitor to check and graph the values, I can attach some if useful.

Since both the main menu and the loading screen have the embers animation, this makes me think that it might not be the culprit. The loading screen is fine temperature wise, while in the main menu the GPU temperature keeps rising.

I understand that this is my issue and I should fix/update my hardware. But there might be something funny going on in the menu. I can make some tests, attach dxinfo data, … if the support team or devs would be interested.

1 Like