Game stutter when creating units and researching techs

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD # Version 101.101.54684.0 7486483
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
The game stutters/hangs about 90% of the time a unit is created or a tech is research. This occurs both in Single and Multiplayer. It’s a similar effect to the fixed bug where the game would hang when Age up was clicked.

This issue has only started to occur since the most recent update. I’m fairly sure it actually started after the most recent hotfix as I didn’t notice anything the first day of the update. I’ve never had issues with performance before and my laptop specs are well above the recommended requirements (16GB RAM, RTX 3060). I’ve tried all obvious fixes (verifying game files, reinstalling, changing in-game graphics options, disabling all mods) and nothing has had an impact. Even on lowest possible graphics settings the bug is just as prevalent.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Load up any game and create units. Most noticeable if using Aegis and making lots of units at the same time, the game will fully freeze for a second or two.
  2. In a normal game it seems to occur more frequently late-game, although this is possibly simply because of the increased amount of unit creation late game.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Visible in this recording although I’m unclear if the lag will appear if viewed on a different machine.

*SP Replay v101.101.54684.0 @2021.10.08 014432.aoe2record (383.9 KB)

Hi @CopingGazelle21!

Thank you for letting us know this. We are already tracking this issue :star: