Gamescom Opening night live

As you know Geoff Keighley (E3 Coliseum and game awards) will present the new Opening show for Gamescom. Today on Twitter he announced the Which developers are going to show their world premier content and announcements.

Xbox game studios Will be there and with some surprises: my bet Is on AOE3de and AOE4. Xbox Will talk more about this serie on the next xbox InsidE.

3 Likes

Without Age of Empires II Definitive Edition released, I think it’s nearly-impossible we’ll see something about AoE III Definitive Edition yet. In fact, the first time we have seen AoE II Definitive in motion has been this same year (E3)… it would have been an insane amount of work for The Forgotten to work so hardly in both games simultaneously to this point.

But my bet is on Age of Empires IV. Relic have a lot of experience and have been working on it for at least 2 years (probably more). I don’t know if we will see some gameplay, but at least the confirmation of the game setting (modern-contemporary times, I suppose) and a definitive trailer would be the least to expect.

1 Like

It’s possible that other studios such as Tantalus and Wicked Witch are working on AoE3 currently. We also know that AoE3de has been in development for over a year now. They also confirmed that later this year they will “start taking the wraps off both Age 3 and Age 4”.

2 Likes

They also confirmed that later this year they will “start taking the wraps off both Age 3 and Age 4"

Really? Seems that I have missed something… do you have some link to source? I only noticed about AoE IV.

1 Like
2 Likes

Jesus, how did I miss that… thank you!!

1 Like

PLEASE BE ALL 3 OF THOSE!

1 Like

There has been a tendency from multiple gaming news sources to put out some speculations as if they where true. Earlier this year there was a news site that told everyone that aoe4 would be shown on xbox insiders. Even aoe2def wasn’t mentoined back then. I tend to only believe microsoft or relic directly, because of all the fake news lately. I really hope, and can’t wait to see what they will tell us during gamescom.

There’s going to be announcements about AoE (more than one), so get ready :blush:

1 Like

I took popcorn :popcorn:

I am looking forward to learn about AoEIV and exact release date of AoEII:DE!

Very exited for today!

I’m literally crying… Nothing about AoE4

1 Like

Great delusion. Another big lie

1 Like

That’s the reason why I don’t trust any Microsoft annoucements. Every time they tell us the next very big Hype Show is coming, but mostly it’s only a normal Freakshow…

Let’s wait to see tonight in the main Gamescom event… but not gonna lie, if there is nothing about AoE IV, or at least AoE III DE, it will be a great deception.

1 Like

Two years are too much

I think that the problem here is not a matter of time. The problem is that the official account of Age of Empires in social media is always making our hype rise to insane levels while don’t showing a single thing about what we want to see. The whole 2019 they have been like “remember watching X event for exciting news about the franchise!!” and after that, nothing.

That Xbox Inside event some months ago they said AoE was going to appear with “exciting news”, and AoE didn’t appear anywhere. In the E3 they told all of us to “join us for exciting news about AoE franchise” and we got only a mini-short-teaser or AoE II DE. And now, they tell us to watch the Gamescom Xbox Inside for literally “HUGE announcements”… and we got Steam release of AoE DE (most of ours do already own it in the MS) and release date for AoE II DE (that we already knew that was going to be Fall 2019). Definitely these are not HUGE announcements.

But I still have some hope about the inminent Gamescom main event. ¿Maybe here? If not, I think I’m going to block all AoE accounts in my social media…

1 Like

Disappointed no AOE4 news or screens