Gaming Crashing in SKirmish

Game is crashing randomly in the skirmish games, here is the log dump. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

2172534 00:36:12: [D3D11Manager::present] Present Failed, hresult=DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED, reason=DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
2172634 00:36:12: [WPFG][L4,C512] Render Target CreateTexture2D failed - DXGI error: 0x887a0005
2172634 00:36:12: [WPFG][L4,C512] Render Target CreateTexture2D failed - DXGI error: 0x887a0005

2 Likes

you can try lock the FPS to 60. i solved the problem by doing this.

How do I do that in AoE3:DE ?

i use Nvidia control panel, because theres no this option in aoe3de. i lock maximum fps to 60 globally.

Every time I play on the Carolina map my game crashes.

Because the person who responded didn’t explain here is a link that explains how to do it step by step. Hope this helps you or someone else who doesn’t know how to do it.

I don’t know if it works yet but I’m gonna try it out now and see if it works, I’ve been having this problem since launch day on all game modes but ESPECIALLY campaign scenarios. I’ll report back here if I have any other problems after trying this solution.

EDIT: This looks like it’s the solution. By following the instructions in the link above I’m having no crashes on the first mission of the malta campaign while I used to be crashing every 5 minutes. I’ll keep running this and update if it fails and I get the crash again but for now the game seems to actually be working without crashing every 5 minutes for me. Very Exciting.

Thank you all for the responses! I have tried these solutions and unfortunately, they do not seem to work. Apun some further investigation it looks like my GPU may be dying and have some issues of its own.