Gates autodestructing in the second mission of the Jeanne D'Arc campaign

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 51737
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

In the second mission of the Jeanne d’Arc campaign, the gates of Orléans take damage when opened and closed by units walking through them after you convert them. At some point they catch fire and then get destroyed. This happened to all the gates of the city. If I rebuilt them with my own, no such issue occurred - so it must be something with converted gates.

To note, I have never encountered this issue before the last update, since I’ve played this campaign so many times (even back in the day when the gates didn’t convert and you couldn’t lock them 11).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open the second mission of the Jeanne d’Arc campaign, The Maid of Orleans
  2. Get to Orléans and convert the city by getting units nearby
  3. Walk through any gate, making sure the gate opens and closes.
  4. Damage should now have occurred for no reason.
  5. Repeatedly walking underneath the gate should destroy it.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Well, it shouldn’t self-destruct of course :wink:

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

(pardon for the crappy quality)

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

SP Replay v101.101.51737.0 @2021.08.12 151400.aoe2record (3.2 MB)

3 Likes

I have been experiencing this bug with the new campaigns. So apparently it’s indeed a bug, rather than intentional.

By the way, I’ve seen this happen in other campaign missions now too

I noticed this in a couple of scenarios in some of the Dawn of the Dukes campaigns.
Until I saw this post, I thought this was done intentionally.
But it is actually a bug.

I also experienced the same bug in El Cid campaign in the 5th scenario, when entering the gates of the city of Valencia, they turn in fire when own units are passing by. As the original post comments, it happens with the converted gates, if I rebuild them the bug doesn’t happen.

This use to happen in the vanilla game when gaia gates get converted to player.

This simulates the wear of the gate :laughing:

I can also confirm that this happens in the 5th scenario of the El Cid campaign and that this has only been happening recently.

Hi everyone!
Thanks a lot for this report, we are now tracking this issue!

3 Likes

I’ve seen this happen with the gates that are already there, the gates that I’ve built afterwards don’t have this problem!

1 Like

This is also happening on Jan Zizka scenario 3 The Iron Lords – making an already very difficult scenario much harder than it should be!

I think it only affects gates that previously belonged to another player – these gates originally belong to purple, before being given to you (cyan), and the other examples given in this thread seem to be similar.

This is a real problem that seems to occur when the gate is converted from one player to another by a scenario trigger. It’s a particular issue in Jadwiga 4, since you are not able to rebuild gates in that scenario.

This bug was present in the old game. I remember 15y ago in a aztecs campagn this problem… but it’s been a long time. I got this problem on todays campagns too ! The scenario where we got to defend ourselves at the north-west. And kill gray trading carts at the south-west.

Also in this scenario, cyan units blocked me at the center of their city… there are “golden rumble” at the left of the city, and a lot of cyan units got in the middle of the road, so my units can’t pass to the north, defend the castles :laughing:

This is the reason why I’ve given up on this campaign. The mission is nearly impossible for me. But the fact that all of my gate are immediately destroyed by my own troops makes it even more frustrating.