General / new AOE Relotd ideas from AOE fun!

More elaborate story: add globe map of locations of campaigns (Asia, Greek etc.) = consider of possibility to choose which campaigns do you want to star first. Bigger perspective of map with short cinematic at the beginning about civilization, gods etc. = initial instruction. More civilizations, more included gods with major / minor impact = potential further story. Story could be affected by myths, history. Also, add new fun fiction ideas of how characters / gods would potential continue or ends. Potentially, longer campaigns itself = minor / less quest etc.

More variety of choose between gods: in each age (custom maps, campaign, multiplayer etc. mods) = instead 2 choose between more. possibility to choose from pool of gods before e.g., multiplayer game. Richer pool of gods power = potentially to choose from!

Add “Age V” to game: I thinks it would be very good idea to add fifth age (maybe Titans age or Gods age or something like that), due to added fresh new mechanic for player! (see Titans for further explanation).

Titans: should by in my eyes mechanic only for late game, rather very late game (the most expensive, the most overpower unit in the game). Potentially used only in 5 age = very expensive to reach age V, but very rewarding = every each civilizations / gods could have very unique and overpower mechanics (unit / builds upgrades etc.) to finish your opponents, especially in the late / very late games!

Questionable:

Gods favor: I am toying with idea to add one maybe questionable mechanic to campaign or custom modes, that after every game you can ““earn gods favor”” for several things like: improve your army, builds etc. or maybe skill (passive or active) of your in - game or new created demigods.

Add polished, very handy editor for custom purposes!

More frequent support with DLC´s.

New variety of buildings (for example like in AOE IV landmarks) = addition special building in each age!

Add achievements by rarity. Some should be very prestigious = almost impossible to achieve! Also, those achievements should be visible on your web / in-game account and game itself! = it´s for hardcore player purpose only!

Toying with idea with in-game skin system, like for example: If you complete campaign etc. let´s say: “stole the trident” and you finish this, you will receive into the ““ARMORY”” = in my eyes it could be something like storage place where can you chose your skin on your for example hoplite and equip them with golden trident. This object should be visible in in-game main menu! → for monetization: some should be at the beginning of final version and for the future those features could coming with DLC bundles = Additional repeatability for players who already completed for example campaign mode etc. and other mods and also it´s new impulse for new players (means new skins for every parts of soldier should be constantly added to game via DLC´s or patches). → Armory should be in in-game menu!

Level in Co-op mod: Toying with idea to have some type of level of experience only in co-op mod. Could be completely disable or there should be some handicap if players wants! But, it should be completed balanced, if you e.g. playing new newbie and you are skill player.

Co-op mods: Could be something from like “Hero line war (Warcraft 3)” up to mission defending temple of Dionysus, Ra etc. = ““There are many, many ideas”” (e.g choose between only gods / demigods or civilizations). There should be difficulty in different aspect like how many players are playing, “which level do you have” (see Level in Co-op mode) etc.

Add challenges / quests: weekly challenges, or / and months challenges = reward has already been mentioned (god’s favor = could be exchangeable for example in Co-op mods.)

I honestly don’t want to see AOM become… this.

Ok. I understand. But, RTS must evolve little bit. Not all have to be applicable. Just thinking about it!

1 Like

################ post:1, topic:229345"]
More variety of choose between gods: in each age (custom maps, campaign, multiplayer etc. mods) = instead 2 choose between more. possibility to choose from pool of gods before e.g., multiplayer game. Richer pool of gods power = potentially to choose from!
[/quote]

I’d rather have a 4th major god for each civ than more than 2 minor god options per age. It’s fine as it is.

Add “Age V” to game: I thinks it would be very good idea to add fifth age (maybe Titans age or Gods age or something like that), due to added fresh new mechanic for player! (see Titans for further explanation).

Titans: should by in my eyes mechanic only for late game, rather very late game (the most expensive, the most overpower unit in the game). Potentially used only in 5 age = very expensive to reach age V, but very rewarding = every each civilizations / gods could have very unique and overpower mechanics (unit / builds upgrades etc.) to finish your opponents, especially in the late / very late games!
[/quote]

No need for a fifth age, most games won’t reach mythical anyway. And titans already are the most expensive and powerful unit in the game. And they should in no way be be overpowered, its perfectly ok to be able to kill them. Let’s keep in mind that titans should remain a way to possibly tip the scales, not to end a game.

Gods favor: I am toying with idea to add one maybe questionable mechanic to campaign or custom modes, that after every game you can ““earn gods favor”” for several things like: improve your army, builds etc. or maybe skill (passive or active) of your in - game or new created demigods.
[/quote]

" in - game or new created demigods. ‘’ Wait what? This isn’t an rpg.

AOM can’t get as many new civs as lets say aoe2DE. New cultures are welcomed, but they should have the same high standards as the 4 originals and be asymetrical. However, new campaigns would be nice.

New variety of buildings (for example like in AOE IV landmarks) = addition special building in each age!
[/quote]

No, please no! I would be fine with a new culture having a ‘‘special unique building’’ but the originals have enough different things to build and they don’t need more.

Toying with idea with in-game skin system, like for example: If you complete campaign etc. let´s say: “stole the trident” and you finish this, you will receive into the ““ARMORY”” = in my eyes it could be something like storage place where can you chose your skin on your for example hoplite and equip them with golden trident. This object should be visible in in-game main menu! → for monetization: some should be at the beginning of final version and for the future those features could coming with DLC bundles = Additional repeatability for players who already completed for example campaign mode etc. and other mods and also it´s new impulse for new players (means new skins for every parts of soldier should be constantly added to game via DLC´s or patches). → Armory should be in in-game menu!
[/quote]

This isn’t Fortnite. What you’re proposing would completely ruin the readability of the units. Maybe some building decorations could be nice, as it wouldn’t make them less recognisable. But for monetizing, I’d rather pay for new campaigns / independant missions than skins. Especially for a rts game.

################ post:3, topic:229345"]
Ok. I understand. But, RTS must evolve little bit.
[/quote]

IMO, rts games have regressed. AOE4 is a good exemple.

I mean no disrespect, but what you’re asking for is a totally different game. I can say you haven’t played the game since the beginning, because what original players want is Retold to be as faithful as possible to the original.

1 Like