Genie Editor still bugged

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: since LotW release (all builds)
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The Genie Editor gets confused between attributes of a unit and the resources of a civilization

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open Genie Editor. Load any of the old bonus, say the Franks +20% HP bonus. It shows that Cavalry attribute 0 (Hit Points) is multiplied by 1.2
  2. Open one of the new (LotW) bonuses, say Imperial Age (the Donjon and Serjeant upgrades). Genie Editor gets bugged here.
  3. Go back to the old bonus, which I took Frank +20% HP bonus. It shows Cavalry attribute 0 (Food storage) is multiplied by 1.2

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The bonus would still show attribute 0 (Hit Points) is multiplied by 2.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• Not applicable

Further suggestions: The changes to the game should also be updated in the Genie Editor. These details were mostly present before too but were never updated. The details I am talking about are:

1. Armor classes after 30
  2. Attribute numbers of Shown melee armor, shown pierce armor, shown attack, shown range (all of which were used for the first time since LotW)
  3. Frame delay attribute number
  4. Various resource numbers (I don’t remember any new though at the moment)
2 Likes

I have been experiencing the same issues, making my attempts at modding extremely confusing and therefore difficult. A fix would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Update the version of your Genie Editor (a.k.a. download from internet). Best place is aokheaven website. Age of Kings Heaven - The Blacksmith :: Advanced Genie Editor 2021

I am using version 20210126 (21.01.2021.) and I have no issues at all. Am gonna update to the latest one now as well.

It would be also nice if the game files include the latest version yes.

It was bugged after LotW because they added a ton of features.

Yeah but just use one of the newer versions and it wont be bugged

Thanks so much for the help!