Genitours cost too much food?

They indeed look at the forum for good suggestions, even some changes (Khmer nerfs, Leiciai buffs, Korean changes, etc…) were proposed here.

3 Likes

Yeah true. I can see a handful of unique situations where Genitours could be of use though. They are now a more cost-effective counter to War Wagons, since they cost no gold and can actually keep up with them unlike skirms. Also against a player who keeps raiding with small groups of Cav Archers, Mamelukes, Mangudai or Conquistadors, it would be easier and cheaper to defend with Genitours now. Again, because Camel Archers or knights cost gold and skirms are too slow to chase them around.

I agree they are still pretty niche though. Maybe they need some other unique ability like a bonus attack vs. hand cannons or monks or something. Or increased line of sight.

War wagons just have been nerfed and… yeah kinda useless now.
Thing is even before the nerf players got used to it and played good counter strats already. With the nerf you basically can’t win against anybody at higher elo with the strat anymore.

Didn’t they just increase their cost by 10 wood or something like that? Tbh I’m surprised no one who dislikes the strat isn’t busy complaining it’s not enough.

It’s actually only 8 wood.
But that’s crucial for a unit strat that basically only works on the surprise effect.

War Wagon nerf was pretty much needed, they still have free armor upgrades + impressive stats + attack vs buildings. So for the price is still the unit to go in Imperial Age.

But now is matter of time until double castle organ gun rises…

You will always have this kind of clownery strats. Especially on Arena.
And we always do it to the civs that already are actually not that strong and have almost no other option to go for these strats.
Burmese, Koreans, potentially Portuguguese or khmer next…

Meanwhile the “established” clownery civs like spanish and turks remain unharmed aswell as the just solid picks like aztecs or teutons.

Arena is already meta enough please leave some alternative strats in please. Neither Burmese nor Koreans were dominating but it seems enough they come just close to the considered “top dogs”…

We need to make the game more diverse, not even more meta-streamlined.

2 Likes

I don’t think you are the only proposed that. I’ve seen reducing genitours cost a lot of times here and on reddit.
Anyway, I still think they will be overshadowed by Camel Archer and won’t be seen that much.

Not anymore. Mams will eat genitour now.

1 Like

oh yeah, i forgot Mamelukes are cavalry, not cav. archers

Genitoirs need to become the iberian regional unit. After that they can be properly buffed since we don’t need to consider other civs via team onus. Like msgyars with extra range or turks with hp.

3 Likes