German audio bug

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 82587
  • GAME PLATFORM: Xbox series X
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Xbox series X

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Game audio language change always back to English after restart. Have to change language to English and back to my language. (German)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Set language to German for German audio in campaign.
  2. Close the game and start again.
  3. Auduo will be English while text stay German.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

German audio should stay active after restart

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

No image needed cause it’s an audio bug

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

I have the same problem with the Spanish dubbing in Series S: every time I close the game (not quick resume), the audio changes to English and I have to go to settings, move the audio to another language and then return to Spanish - Spain for it to work correctly.

Thanks @XGD2 !
We’re now tracking this issue :slight_smile:

Hi @XGD2 Do you still have issues? What language are you using on the console’s system?

Hi @Felizon89.

Thank you for tracking this issue.

Yes this issue is still there. Have to change language everytime I start the game. From German to English and back to German.
My System language is German. Region setting is set to German too.

Today was a hot fix with this patch note:

Fixed an issue where campaign audio would not switch languages

But my campaign is still in English if I don’t change language to another language and back to German everytime I start the game.

Did I misunderstood something?

Hi @Felizon89.

I wanted to ask if the last hotfix was supposed to fix the campaign audio bug?

Hi @XGD2
It might be possible that the fix wasn’t addressed yet, or the team is still investigating the issue.