These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: 101.102.1156.0
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
When I disconnect my internet in lobby search for ranked (no lobby found yet) in order to turn on my VPN, AOE2 thinks I DC-ed during lobby selection and slaps me with a 30+ minute penalty. As I wasn’t in a lobby when this happened, why am I getting penalized? Happened 2 times now.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Join a ranked queue
- Disconnect internet during queue
- Rejoin ranked queue after internet is reconnected (I had to restart the app to get it to reconnect to the server)
I would have expected no penalty and to be good to resume play as I did nothing wrong
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
- N/A, no game or lobby