Give China more officials

I suggest they split the dynasty bonuses per landmark and leave the strongest aspect of each dynasty something that is unlocked after both landmarks are built.

Song Dynasty bonuses
Imperial Academy- unlocks granaries
BBQ- unlocks zhuge nu
both- unlocks -35% villager build time

Yuan Dynasty bonuses
Imperial Academy - unlocks Fire Lancers*
Clock Tower - unlocks pagodas
both - unlocks +15% movement speed

Ming Dynasty bonuses
either singular landmark unlocks grenadiers
both unlocks the +10% HP

This way it doesn’t change the overall cost of each dynasty but it gives access partly for different openings; Esp an Early BBQ into zhuge nu?? I think that would definitely make an early game impact, since zhuge in heavy mass up close and personal are almost as deadly as LBs under network of castles.

2 Likes

Amazing idea, i would ideally add some ming dynasty building to deposit taxes, like a literally reskined imperial academy with the sole purpose of being a tax drop off (with a max number of three built at the same time) and that would make each imperial landmark unlock something.

But again, great idea and would add a lot of flexibility to the civ.

1 Like

So it is fair to pay twice a landmark to unlock a bonus, then pay twice again and lose the bonus you just paid for earlier? What do you suggest to buff CN early game?

I love this idea. That would help us in the early game but won’t change china’s core gameplay.

For me, China is in a way better spot than it was in season 1 (aka go imperial or die) as we have a lot of different possibilities now. The only problem is that a lot of civ can access age 3 units (knight, maa, 
) in feodal, and it’s challenging for us to deal with. With a small change like this, we could access Zhuge Nu faster and mass them before even going song dynasty.

1 Like