Give Vikings the Ability to Train Berserks from the Barracks

well the regeneration is so little that in a fight it barely matters but outside a fight it works better

As first line infantry/meatshield yes. Gbetos and shotels are raiding/blitzkrieg units, and karambits are a swarm unit, but all those units have poor stats (with the exception of speed and atk) and they due to most units.

Berserkers instead are also tanky, both in melee and pierce, so I see them more similar to eagles or champs, depending of the need and context.

Lithuanians halbs maybe was a poor comparison, you are right, but they can be used in front of range unis as a meatshield, like berserkers canā€¦

Idk why we donā€™t just make Berserkers trainable from longboats, that would make everyone happy.

(In case it wasnt clear thatā€™s sarcasm. I dont understand the sudden desire to buff vikings.)

4 Likes

Because itā€™s vikings time, since the new assassinā€™s creed ragnarok was released (and if Iā€™m not mistaken even viper played it) all I see is viking theme literally everywhere.

Vikings have the best champions in game.

Viking Champions arenā€™t the best
The Japanese one is the strongest

Japanese are the best because no special upgrade for them, aztecs , Burmese close behind.

Vikings are good vs archers cause hitpoints count there a lot

Malians are the best vs archers, vikingsā€™ more HP helps, but more pierce armor is better.

I agree on the japs, but aztecs arenā€™t that good, slavs are more powerful by a lot. Burmese are good because they have a good MaA rush, but as for champs +3 isnā€™t that big of a deal.

Celts instead have a bonus that cover their main weaknesses, the speed, so in my opinion they are arguably the best.

I agree with that, i donā€™t see anything that will make them broken, actually the Goths are more broken with their new bonuses and even if Vinking can train their UU it is still weaker to archers than Huskarls which they are like Tanks against archers and you are totally true about the Viking for now is just another archers civ, 99% of my games against Vinkings is just the same against any archers civ.
@Parthnan was right when he said this game became age of archers

Why are you guys even discussing this 111

Vikings are the best civ in any random map, any more buffs would make them even more OP, they have no weakness, not only pros use them that is a lie with no evidence back at wololokingdoms vikings were strong as pkt 11, killing paladins with those thingys with chieftains.

There is not a single logical reason to buff them, in fact chieftains should only apply to militia and pike line, cause zeker full upgraded beats: arbalest, paladins, champion line and trash, so only heavy siege or stronger UUā€™s can beat them, while most units have more counters, that makes them the most effective infantry unit, considering their insane economy it is just too much, hopefully vikings are getting the WB and HC nerfed like i suggested in the next patch.

1 Like

go play with zerks while champions are better choice all the way home

I would like to change de UT Berserker gang. Instead of buff healing, give the same gold generation as the Keshyks

What a necro. Geez.

Berserks are better in most of the situations reached in a standard game. Besides against meso, the Militia line doesnā€™t often see use out of the Vikings.

1 Like