Giving Turks Trash Units Poll

While this is all true, if I remember correctly numidians from north africa were renowned for their javelin throwers light cavalry. So it doesn’t sound so wild for berbers, being north africans as well, to have acces to that kind of unit.
The “mistake” was maybe having them called genitours instead of mounted skirmisher or mounter javelineer.

Ever since AoC, we have known that the UU of the Spanish was supposed to be a Genitour unit, but it got changed to the Conquistador when they decided to introduce the Meso civs.

This is why there was a WIP Genitour unit in the Scenario Editor in AoC, that was a Militia sprite with a powerful Javelin attack.

1 Like

with the icon of a cav archer…
i think we know where this goes

about the above poll though,
i don’t know why people think the turks are weak

1 Like

They aren’t that weak but the problem goes when ypu run out of gold, even you can check this with a AI battle against a civ with good trash like vietnamese.

2 Likes

turks definetely need some trash units for late game. pikes and skirms. the ottomans (turks) was one of the strongest civilazations in history of mankind. they ruled a big part of the world for centuries. especially in the end of mid ages.

they are way to weak in this game. they dont reflect their real position in history.

e.g. they lose to magyars, bulgars, berbers, saracens, byzantine, persian etc. in real history they ruled all that civs for hundrets of years. turks where maybe the strongest civilization from middle to end of mid age (about until 1650). their empire lasted 700 years. and their predessessor the seljuks also conquered alot in their time. the turks where the main army when fighting the crusaders. and threw them out of the holy land. they where a big part of mongol armys, kumans and kipchaks.

turks is presented extremely worst in this game. and in DM they nearly lose to every civ in 1v1. they really need to buffed heavily. also for DM gameplay.

it doesent makes sense to make civilizations which lastes only 50 or 100 years in history stronger then an empire (ottoman turks) which lasted 700 years.

i would suggest to give them onagers, pikemen and elite skirmisher. and i would make their hussars stronger, because in history their AKINCI’s where very well known and feared as storm rider scouts, which made enemys fear alot before the main army came for the main battle.

all this can be read in history books and wikipedia

1 Like

Their historical strength isn’t a reason to buff them, this is a game that already isn’t historically accurate in many ways, and it doesn’t really need to be.
People are discussing about buffing them because of them feeling weak in the game, not because actual turks were stronger

4 Likes

so kill the enemy before then
if u don’t know how to mass units until imp and keep massing to deal one devastating blow, and then using any leftover gold to finish them, turks might not be right for you

true, but the ottomans had trade, not just cluster of gold lying around nest to their cities