Giving Turks Trash Units Poll

Should Turks get trash units or not? Let’s see what everyone thinks.

Go vote.

• Turks get Elite Skirmisher and Pikemen.
  • Turks Elite Skirmisher and Halberdier.
  • Turks only get Elite Skirmisher.
  • No changes (keep the way it is)
  • Other? (ideas)

0 voters

1 Like

good idea. would love to see it.

Forgot to add turks get only pikeman/Halbedier (not I would vote for that, but is an option).

For me, they should get elite Skirmishers. They are the bread and butter of countering archers. Onagers are fine in castle age, but won’t cut it in Imperial. Plus, without pikeman, their trash would still suck, but hey, they have camels.

2 Likes

Give Genitours to Turks

4 Likes

Turks will NEVER get Elite Skirms oder Pikemen, its their identity.

Genitors are the only option we can give them.

Their “identity” was created in Age of Kings, where no such things as halberdiers, hussars, bloodlines, thumb ring or Parthian tactics existed. The fully upgraded trash cavalry unit had 60 hp, now it has 95!

The Turkish trash was probably usable in these ancient times, but since nearly everything else got heavily buffed, they are much worse now against archers and (to a lesser extend) cavalry than it was originally intended.

10 Likes

giving them genitours is as almost ridicolous historicall wise as giving them battle elefants or eagles. pls no. Genitours is a spanish/portuguese iberian unit and berbers should not have it either.

turks should get pikemen in my opinion and thats it. Back in AoK Halbs didnt exist. If a trash camel civ is ever introduced then that civ should only have spearmen.

their skirms are FU besides the elite upgrade. I imagine teuton skirms are euqally bad, then teutons have scouts only.

3 Likes

This sums it up. Also, their identity was also having hand cannon and siege cannon techs 50% cheaper and instantly available.

1 Like

While the cheaper gunpowder tech is borederline useless nowadays I still think the AoC change favoured Turks as now they don’t have to wait at all, rather than having to wait less.

2 Likes

and siege onagers with siege engineers and paladins… All far better at dealing with archers

Im pretty sure turk skirms < teut eskirms(edit looolz teut eskirms are much better than turk skirms… Hp, bonus dmg especially CA, PA)

And while they only have scouts they still have 2/3 trash AND a better eco…

1 Like

Imperial skirmishers or riot

1 Like

At least from my point of view, the relevance of keeping their identity is not because of legacy or tradition or “we should not change 20 yr old civs”, but because it’s actually an interesting identity that could be used for a new and modern civilization if turks didn’t exist. There are many ways of solving their issues without giving them trash, many of them proposed in these forums.

It’s not a matter of “they need” to keep their identity, but rather a “It would funnier if they do”

3 Likes

Is there an option of getting pikes only?

1 Like

you guys dont understand. we must give them trash scorpion like that parthan guy said, and have it cost 400 wood. so much balanced this way!

1 Like

No. I think trash cobra car would be more balanced.

3 Likes

only if it cost 10000 wood and 100 pop.

With the new map rotation, Turks have a 49.61% winrate. 55% in Arena and 45% in Arabia.

They need no major changes.

3 Likes

You know that Berbers are an Iberian civilization as well ? Having had heavily impact on the culture of Spanish and Portuguese and the rest of Europe…

To my knowledge genitours where the answer against berbers. Teutonic knights were used in crusades against Saracens, so Saracens should have them as UU, right!? same flawd logic as berbers having genitours.

2 Likes

Berbers are not Iberian, they are North African.
Same as Mongols and Turks not being European, even though they occupied parts of Europe.

In fact, the Berbers were so proud of not being like their conquered peoples, that even after 700 years of occupation, there was still a huge discrepancy between tehm and the native Iberians, to the point that they were completely thrown out.

This is something very unique in History. We do not even have a lot of Berber culture in the Peninsula, because they were so adamant in being different to us.

This is not true, there is almost no Berber cultural or even ethnic remnants in the Peninsula. The Almoravids were ultra racial supremacists, and most of their culture died out with them in Iberia. All we have is loanwords.

The Almohads had more success with leaving cultural remnants, but then again, teh Almohads were mostly mixed, and mostly Iberian muslims, with little outsider admixture.

True. Berbers used a lot of Horse Archers. Because this tradition did not exist in the Visigoth kingdoms of Spain, they adopted the old Lusitanii and Cantabrian tradition of Mounted Javalineers, to counter the skirmishing supremacy that the Berbers had, with their well coordinated masses of Horse Archers and Light Cavalry.