Go to market hotkey is not working

My go to market hotkey is ctrl+m but it is not working. Can anyone help?

I suppose you could check whether your keyboard didn’t accidentally change to another type of keyboard.
If it isn’t the case, then maybe try changing the hotkey and see if the new one works, then come back to the old one.
If none of this works, I have nothing else to propose you besides using the “select all markets” hotkey as a work around.

Are you playing with Discord or Skype open in the background? It overwrites ctrl+m with mute

2 Likes

I wonder why people don’t use the group control hotkeys or i mean the group control icons

It should work all the time. Probably you use this hotkey in a different app. I have CTRL+S as Market and it works.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I changed it to ctrl+r and it worked. I changed it back to ctrl+m then and it didn’t work. Select all markets is a good suggestion.

1 Like

This, exactly what happened to me in the past

3 Likes

Wow, you are a genius. I was playing with skype call running in the background. Thanks a lot.

3 Likes

THis would be my case too.

2 Likes

I’m in the process of trying to switch out of that.

What I was doing was Town Centers in control group 0, stables in 9, ranges in 8, 7 for castle or barracks or university, 6 for blacksmith and 5 for market. But as you see I was running out of groups. (You can use like and Alt+Ctrl+number combination, but that’s really not a fast and smooth combo for me anymore.) So I’m now trying to teach myself the P for all town centers, the O for all stables, I for all ranges… The keys below what I was used to. This means that 1 I don’t have to manually add all buildings to the right group anymore so I can’t forget any and 2 I can still use control groups if I say want to start making two different stable units or am playing a game in which a different type of building I don’t have in my standard lineup suddenly becomes important, like say the docks. It also means I can add the goto a single stable hotkey right below my all stables hotkey, which allows me to quickly check how long the cues are, or to find the right one to research an upgrade in without fear of it going down. I can remember that hotkey by remembering the first one. Or I could put that under Ctrl+letter. Not sure yet, needs more experimentation. It should work pretty well ones I get myself as used to it as to the setup I am used to running.

4 Likes

How you know people dont use the group control hotkeys? :laughing:

Honestly until now i didn’t see or know anyone use them, except Viper on his stream :rofl:. I don’t know if people use something better, but for me i found the group control hotkeys are really useful.
I mean the group control icons which they are in the bottom of your screen when you start playing with (+) Button sign

I use “select all Archery Range” rather than using control groups. I use control groups for Town Centers and Military units.

1 Like