Going above and beyond cheat isn't working

You sure that’s not Trinth’s? (Maybe my misspell)

Yes, go on data mod, I screenshot my own game settings, https://prnt.sc/si36zj https://prnt.sc/si37fx
Mod is kept there, you click on it instead of having it on default, start game, I entered going above and beyond again and tested it on loom, it worked. Watch my links of my own settings. It was kept there entire time, only we were blind :smiley:

Nope that’s not it. I started a standard game with default data mod and the cheat worked
Both of the cheat codes working fine.
I don’t know why the cheats aren’t working on y’all’s side, but it’s definitely not your fault, something got messed up on the game’s code. Using a “256 tech mod” in the data mod is just using a random mod u download like any other mod, it’s not the official cheat version.
Btw for a moment i thought it just didn’t work because the first letter isn’t in uppercase, but it seems to work even in lowercase.

1 Like

Default did not work for me, cheat code is designed for the mod, in fact cheat code is not even cheatcode, but mod, because you get achievement progress. You can’t play 256+ with default, that is mod list for a reason.

Then explain to me how it works on my side when I don’t have it anywhere on my mod list

Again, you’re using a fanmade data mod you already had that does the same thing, what you’re using is not the cheat version.

Wrong options. I go on standard game options in. You also have many many many mods in your algorithm, I have only 1 only.
EDIT: You need going above and beyond cheat for the 256x tech mod to work, it is cheat version. It can’t work without cheat.

the last print IS from standard game

Again
The version you’re using is not the event one
you’re using a fanmade mod
it doesn’t matter if they made it so the mod also needs you to write that, it’s still a fanmade mod and not the official event one, the official one should work without the use of data mods

I am not talking for events, events are expired, that’s the entire point, but again that same fanmade mod works only with going above and beyond cheat that I unlocked, but problem was that this thread was that none of us could find it, we thought it’s server removal, but actually we have those mods right where you posted and I posted print screens previously. Also 256x mod has to work with cheat.
EDIT: Also I was using that same mod when events were present and I was unlocking events with success.

The events are expired, but your rewards shouldn’t be. All cheat related rewards should be working by default, without a need for a mod, this is the main issue.

The issue with having this working as a mod is that it locks you from having something extra on top. Let’s say I wanna play a match with “no collision trade” while using 256x tech. I can perfectly do that because my game didn’t glitch, but for other people like the ones above they’re unable to do that, because they have to choose between using the “256x tech” data mod or the “no collision trade” data mod. This is why I want this situation fixed, because it’s unfair for those who put the effort to get the cheat legitimately through the event.

Yeah this is a fact, i never said otherwise.

I’ll take the chance to elaborate on how the event rewards work

– Until now there’s been 3 types of rewards: profile icons, cheat codes and re-skins/ animations

• Profile Icons are directly unlocked in your profile, pretty basic stuff
  • Re-skins and animations are official mod rewards that are given to you and will appear both on the standard mod browser and in your profile menu

The only event which didn’t follow this was the very first event (as far as i know), which was the Age of Empires 1 anniversary, which probably still didn’t have a system to keep track of the event rewards, so in that case everyone lost everything afterwards, but this no longer happens as this print shows.
  • Cheat codes are rewards that currently aren’t show anywhere, the game keeps tracks of the ones you have but it doesn’t show which ones you have. This seems to be working the same ever since the AoE1 event. Those also aren’t things that you can enable or disable individually, if you turn cheats on you should be able to use all of the cheats you have unlocked.

Good day, everyone! We’d like to see if we can learn more about why this issue is affecting some of you. If you would, we’d like your help generating a detailed log that will help us dig into the issue:

1. In Steam, right-click on the game and select Properties

2. Select ‘Set Launch Options…’ , and enter the following in the box that appears: VERBOSELOGGING LOGSYSTEMS=Networking

3. Launch a multiplayer match or other type of match where you encounter the issue. Use the cheat and verify that it did not work.

4. Exit out of the game entirely.

This should create a log file in a location similar to the following:

• C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Local\age2_x1\Logs

The file will be named something like “2019.09.13-08.46.42.txt”. Please upload that file to a OneDrive or Google Drive folder and then share the link below; I will then pass that file to our development team so they can figure out what’s happening.

Thanks so much for the ongoing reports!

1 Like

Will SP work?
Because I don’t want to act like a coward in Casual Lobbies

Is there a possibility to unlock this cheat after the event? I just bought the game and it’s very frustrating to know there is content i can’t access…

Yes, probably another event

Hey there! Checking back to see whether this is still an issue and whether anyone has generated a networking log if it is. Please let me know; otherwise I will assume this is no longer an problem and will close out our task with our QA team. :slight_smile:

Thanks all!

So, now, for me, it doesn’t allow me to research Supplies multiple times.

So the cheat is working, but does not work for all technologies?

As a note: it will not work for technologies that are prerequisites for others, since it would otherwise block the ability to research the next upgrade tier.

Not supplies. Not the Imperial Unique tech for Ethiopians (Torsion Engines)
Not sure about the others
Every non-unique tech (except Supplies ofc) seems to be working as intended
@GMEvangelos I forgot to mention Ballistics should be upgraded more since fast units can break that accuracy.

1 Like

Hi there, I just tried to run the cheat code in a scenario like what the OP posted (multiplayer game (albeit against the A.I.), Allow Cheats checked, tried researching Loom). Loom was only able to be researched once. I played a bit longer, and for the whole game no other technologies were able to be researched multiple times.

The only time I’ve been able to get this cheat working was the day when I unlocked the cheat via the 3 Arbalest Achievement, sometime around May 13. After the promotional period ended, however, I have never been able to get the cheat code to work.

2 Likes

Do you happen to have a network log or replay file of the game when this happened? Any information I can send to the team will help them figure out what might be happening. =)

Mine was SP.
But MP is probably removed because of the bug abusers.