They’ve done a lot to improve graphics for the past 2 months, but there’s still things that stand out like a sore thumb, including:
- buildings still not being animated
- cannons that explode into splinters
- units that get deleted from the world instead of falling to the ground (like in the last stream when the Demo ship destroyed the whole Chinese army and they simply disappeared)
- cavalry charge not even stopping a moving unit in its tracks
- smoke lifting from terrain covered by water
- buildings looking too stylized due to lack of texture and light properly bouncing off materials.
Then there are small things like textures being low-res in places, such as cliffs (where terrain suddently changes height) or some roofs that are made of straw, team colors being too bright and neon-like which make units look off next to buildings.
I really hope they keep the development team for a short while to churn out quick updates after launch, otherwise casuals are going to eat this game alive when it comes out, especially the ones who play games for immersion. It’s such a pity that it seems the game could have been ready if it had a few more months.