Graphics driver crash

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #: v100.13.9057.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Graphics driver crash right when a decently large skirmish/engagement takes place. So far only in 1v1 ranked

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play normally
  2. Take semi large engagement of around 40-60 off units
  3. Game freezes over for a bit then the crash happens

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The crash doesn’t happen and I don’t lose 3 winnable 1v1 ranked matches.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• I’d love to but the game crashed, so no recording

3 times now that this ■■■■ has happened for ranked 1v1’s, out of my 5 most recent

Specs ? (CPU, GPU and RAM). You should at least provide a dxdiag for problem like this (imho).

8GB DDR4, GTXSUPER1650, i710700F. I’ve had mostly perfect performance with this game, apart from some lag spikes. My drivers are all up to date. This issue has only recently cropped up with the new DLC update.

I have the exact same problem: CPU: AMD FX-8350 16GB RAM DDR3, GPU: GTX 1650

Thanks for the report. We’re tracking this issue internally.

2 Likes

Hi!
I have also the exact same problem since 1 month, immediately after i built my new PC (new except GPU… LOL):
CPU INTEL 12900K, 32GB DDR5, RTX 2080TI, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO Z690, WINDOWS 11 AOE3DE from Windows Store

This, for me, happen in Multiplayer PvP (50%) but also, sometimes, in local PvCPU.

In case it helps, I share more details:
I use an Apple Display Studio 5k thru Intel Thunderbolt 4 port (DP over TB4) … and a TV over HDMI on RTX. I play AOE on the Apple Display.
I begun to test to check if it is a problem with display connections that maybe Windows 11 or AOE causes RTX swapping with Intel HD GPU sometimes… causing an obvious “DX11 device lost”. I read on some forums that it may happen sometimes on laptops with 2 GPUs (Intel HD + Discrete GPU or eGPU).

• So i assigned AOE to Nvidia GPU in Windows settings but it does not change anything.
  • Then I bought an USB-C gen2x2 cable to use the display over VirtualLink port of the RTX (that is simply a DP over usb-c 20gb/s) so the display is physically connected to the RTX now. I am testing actually but it crashed once.

Now, regarding this thread, it might not be a problem with my displays or 2 GPUs, finally~ but i will continue to make tests.

It doesn’t crash on my previous PC… that is a Mac : WINDOWS10 with Bootcamp, iMac 27 retina 5k late 2015 (Intel 7700k, 16GB DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4GB).

Thank you~