Guys, let's vote for DLC civ you want

Thanks to its purism, the StarCraft Remaster was a complete success. Is that fact intentionally ignored?

You’ve never played it before, but you assume that it will make the game good? Poor predictions will ruin the game even more.

No, also, even if it would be, it is the exception, not the rule.

SC:R did well because BW never went away as an Esport, and most of the sales were in Asia.

Nope, they both have a bigger playerbase than AoE3 DE.

DE recieved 1 new euro civ (Sweden) and 1 new native civ (Inca) , so I think game just needs 1 new asian civ & 1 new African civ (I wanna see songhai empire :hugs:).
Songhai Empire - Wikipedia(also%20transliterated,and%20ruling%20elite%2C%20the%20Songhai.

I am sorry to you for forgetting that they have already left the game disappointed.

I can affirm that it would be better to die and remain a masterpiece rather than to be messed with by people who even delusive that the game will improve without even playing the game directly.

This is the crux of the matter. It is not about the game becoming worse, it is that it would not be your specific nostalgia game anymore.

Who know? Maybe you would have to play with people you have not been playing against for 20 years, on a Meta so stale it makes bread mold look like fresh lettuce.

This is the issue, you want your game, no matter what. You do not care for the health of the game, or the playerbase, or even the business side of it all.

You just want your nostalgia trip. Selfish and indulgent.

AoE3 was never a “masterpiece”. It is known as the worst of the franchise, actually.

1 Like

an aoe2 stan is coming to our land a try to smash our home :slight_smile:

No, I would love to buy more content for AoE3.

Also, “stan” is Twitter lingo. It virtually means nothing outside of it.

1 Like

AGE 3 is considered bad because it is not the 3D version of AGE 2 and the worst part is that it is called AGE 3.and AGE 2 has more sales.If you change the name, it will become “masterpiece”

In fact, many players (Steam player)hope that AGE 3 will abolish the card system , making it more like AGE2, and also require that AGE4 should imitate AGE2. Analysis from a commercial perspective.
Neither AGE4 nor AGE 3 should be similar to AGE 2, because it will separate the original customer base.
The best strategy for AGE 4 is to attract new players

Not at all. If it was not called Age of Empires 3, it may have actually sold less than the Cossacks franchise.

“Age of Empires” carries a lot of brand recognition, and expectations of quality, which drove sales up.

@WiryScissors465
You don’t wish well for this game …
Are we supposed to let AoE 3 collapse because you don’t want new civilizations? New players won’t be interested in patching bugs, only new extensions.

Besides, I believe that colonialism has plunged AoE 3. Because colonialism is controversial. If African civilizations were added to the game of colonialism, it would be a scandal. Therefore, it is best to start with an enlargement that adds non-colonizing European civilizations. Only later Africa and the American natives.

Besides, if the Swedes and Incas do not suit you, play the old AoE 3. Why get annoyed with new products if you hate them?

3 Likes

Colonialism is not controversial in any self-respecting society or social circle. It is just historical fact.

I like that the game has Colonialism in it, because it is period accurate, but that has been done, and sticking to it will only hurt the game in the future, by severely limiting potential growth.

It is fine when historical games have Colonialism in it, but it is a very boring subject, that gets old fast.

You’re right.
It is not controversial for me either - it is a historical fact.
It is controversial for political correctness - and that’s what I meant.

1 Like

Again colonial theme is just the games theme, dont change the core of a game, make a new game then, just dont.

And no its not fun having 30 civs with the only difference a unit and some voice lines. I want uniqueness to the civs not blend civs like AoE II which are boring and have 0 character.

1 Like

Not asking to change it, even though the devs already did when they removed card unlocking with levels.

I am asking for more content that is related, but not stuffed in the extremely small “Colonialism” box.

The game itself already has plenty of elements that do not make sense in a Colonial setting, but do make sense in an European setting.

1 Like

The very evidence of breaking away from the subject of colonialism are the changes of names:

• Discovery Age and Colonial Age renamed Exploration Age and Commerce Age respectively

• Plantation renamed to Estate

• Colonial Militia renamed to Revolutionary

This is probably enough evidence to show a desire to break away from colonialism. It was enough to change the names and the game loses the monothematic yoke.

Exploration is more than discovering. You can explore what you already know, for example, Europeans explored Africa and Asia. Age of Colonialism changed to Age of Commerce - that says it all about this game. This game is no longer the Age of Colonialism, it has finally become the Age of Empires. Finally.

Plantation renamed Estate. Another proof of a break away from colonialism (although the word “estate” translated into Polish is - osiedle - housing estate. Which makes this change seem strange to me. Overall, I find it difficult to find an equivalent of this word in my language).

Colonial Militia renamed to Revolutionary is another proof of content change. Revolutionaries can be from all over the world, not only from colonies. Additional proof is the addition of the Hungarians, Romanians and Finns revolutions - which I think is great as they are quite large nations but did not have their own statehood at that time. It would be nice to expand this list, for example, Catalans, Scots, etc., and if Poles and Austrians were added, it would also be Ruthenians (Cossacks), Czechs and Croats. Instead of Romanians and Hungarians, the Ottomans could have Serbs, Greeks and Bulgarians.

At last, this game has a chance to be successful.

2 Likes

Accept that Age of Empires 3 DE, wants to grow and break away from colonialism. Accept it or install the classic version.

I don’t think there is a need to pursue this topic further and we will start discussing the game’s liveliness - not arguing whether we want it or not.

1 Like

i dont feel like those bonuses seem particularly fun or interesting, whats the point of having a hero that gives villagers HP? like it screams of being made by someone who hasn’t played the game.

This is really a weird sight to see: someone from a gaming community, which is constantly bashed and bullied by a bigger community for decades because the game is not exactly the same as some perfect super-duper classic in this or that aspect, wants the game to stick to a specific theme without any extension.

The countries connected with the subject of colonialism are not exhausted,
Why do you want to expand to less relevant countries.

1 Like
  1. DLC Italians, Ethiopians and Persians + 1 American civ (e.g. Mapuche)
  2. DLC Poles, Zulu and Austrians + 1 American civ (e.g. Tupi)
  3. DLC Moroccans, Siamese and Vietnamese + 1 American civ (e.g. Huron)
  • 3 - new European civs
  • 3 - new African civs
  • 3 - new Asian civs
  • 3 - new American civs
3 Likes