H hotkey for TownCenter does not work after the RtoR update

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

I played a ranked in AOE2, at start flushed the usual HQQQQ as always, but now nothing happened

• GAME BUILD #: 83607
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

the H hotkey for towncenter does not work anymore for me and one of my friend also. I used the Definitive hotkeys with minimal alteration like the second hotkey that i assigned to the “Select All towncenter” (mouse button) is still working.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

ALWAYS

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Start a game (yet I only player ranked, I will update the report when I tested it more). And try to select TownCenter with hotkey

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a ranked game
  2. Press H
  3. No towncenter was selected

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The towncenter should be selected

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Imagine a towncenter that is not selected…

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

no need

All TC hotkeys seem to have been altered in this update, try re-assigning H for Go To Town Center, that solved it for me (for some reason mine changed itself to Ctrl + H instead of H)

4 Likes

With the new updates there were some changes done to the hotkeys, we recommend to reset them by default and set them again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes it is clear that it can be easily fixed on the users end, I just wanted to report it so maybe in a next fix it can be covered to the ones who did not download yet the new DLC. It.does not seem an unavoidable issue.