Hardest Original Campaign.

I’ve installed Aoe/ROR and the Upatch and think it’s going to be fairly tricky to find a multiplayer game so going to get my eye in with the single player missions which I didn’t really play originally.

I started the Hitiite campaign on hardest and suffice it to say it’s not very hard.

What are your memories of the hardest campaign?

I thought the Yamato Misson ‘the assassins’, was the hardest I can remember but would like to play the forums consensus on the hardest campaign.

Over to you!

I recall the first Yamato mission can be cheesed by baiting the target to the walls so your Perseus can take potshots at him.

The Yamato mission was annoyingly hard…except once you figure out how to do it, it’s the easiest thing. Just stick close to the river and go down, across, and up :slight_smile:

‘Nineveh’ can be a challenge on hardest. There’s a few others as well

@GepardenKalle said:
‘Nineveh’ can be a challenge on hardest. There’s a few others as well

I’d say this is definitely one of the hardest missions on hardest. Also the last mission of the Greece campaign is a pain on hardest.

The hatdest campaign has to be voices of babylon for sure…i mean on hardest difficulty Niniveh and the Great Hunt scenarios are nearly impossible without multiple save states

@RWNorthPole said:
The Yamato mission was annoyingly hard…except once you figure out how to do it, it’s the easiest thing. Just stick close to the river and go down, across, and up :slight_smile:

You forgot healing up with the blind lame priest :slight_smile:

I spent years thinking the river cheese was the only legitimate way to win since the town was impossible.

@Totalste said:
The hatdest campaign has to be voices of babylon for sure…i mean on hardest difficulty Niniveh and the Great Hunt scenarios are nearly impossible without multiple save states

Thanks guys I will give it a spin tonight :).

@Bobertu said:

@RWNorthPole said:

You forgot healing up with the blind lame priest :slight_smile:

I spent years thinking the river cheese was the only legitimate way to win since the town was impossible.

You mean there is a way other than sneaking between the river and the forest? I have never even considered any other routes and judging by the amount of troops the enemy has the other route seems like a save scumming hell.

I also remember clearly Ninevah being very hard :o also agree assassins was super hard until I figured out sticking close to the river :slight_smile:

I’m stuck on The Great Hunt after 3-4 failed attempts. I also had to restart Land Grab twice because the first few minutes are so critical. Not to say those are the hardest, however. They’re just the two challenges I’ve encountered so far on my playthrough. On a lot of them (in the Babylon and Greece campaigns, anyway), as long as you can get a couple docks and start pushing out war ships, you’ll be okay.

Since reinstalling my gold ed, I’ve done the hittite and Egyptian learning campaign. Neither of those two ended up being that challenging. I’ll have to try babylon here next it sounds.

@sirusx715 said:
Since reinstalling my gold ed, I’ve done the hittite and Egyptian learning campaign. Neither of those two ended up being that challenging. I’ll have to try babylon here next it sounds.

I used to think Reign of the Hittites was hard, but it really isn’t after replaying it. I love it for the nostalgia, but apart from that, it’s child’s play.

@sirusx715 said:

Those are the easiest ones by far. Greek and Yamato is medium while Babylonian is hardest. While I have played the RoR campaigns I’m not that familiar with them so I’ll pass on rakning them.

@GepardenKalle said:

@sirusx715 said:

Those are the easiest ones by far. Greek and Yamato is medium while Babylonian is hardest. While I have played the RoR campaigns I’m not that familiar with them so I’ll pass on rakning them.

Awesome. Makes me hopeful about the remainder.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations I have started the Babylonian Campaign. Tough so far and haven’t had to restart yet but the Upatch appears to have lead to some new interesting bugs so will start a new topic.