Has anyone succeeded to play crossplay?

I’ve been trying to play with my steam friends and we managed to join each other in a clan but we can’t find each other in the lobby and there is no invite option either.

They can’t even find each other in the lobby and can only play with each other by using the steam game invite.

Can anyone get crossplay to work?

I can see my friend who is on steam (I am on Xbox PC) and I can invite them to a clan and even join random games but I cannot find my friends game

1 Like

Hey there! At the moment, you can create a private (passworded) lobby for your friend to find and join. We are working on the issue preventing direct invites in the meantime.

I hope that helps; thanks for the report!

Continuing the discussion from Has anyone succeeded to play crossplay?:

Can’t find their lobbies though. We all tried to find each other and nobody could.

• Are you two in different regions?
  • Have both of you enabled crossplay in the game settings?
  • Are you both on the Windows Store? Steam? on different platforms? (Assuming crossplay, I’m guessing it’s 1 and 1.)

Same region and crossplay is on. I’m on gamepass and they are on steam. Mind you they can’t find each other either in and have to use steam’s buildt in game invite.

3 Likes

i cannot join with my friends to a match
where do my friends write the id so they can join?
my match doesnt appear to them in lobby.

1 Like

Hi @raulramirez91, Have you tried all of the proposed solutions in this support article?

yes i think the problem was that a friend that was playing on europe, the his list appeared like this

he form europe couldnt see games from east cost, i dont know why.

then we created a game on europe region and he then joined

1 Like

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: Latest
  • PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.
I can’t invite steam friends and they can’t invite me and we can’t join each other even from clicking on join lobby through the xbox app.
We can’t find the same games on the browser and can’t find each other when creating our own lobbies.
We have cross play enabled and both signed into our accounts.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.
constantly.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!
have two users one ms store and steam.

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. have two users one on steam and ms store.
  2. create lobby and invite the other user on the other platform
  3. accept invite does nothing and can’t find each other through code.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
should join the other partners ranked game or casual lobby.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

nothing happens

Trying to play with a friend and we can’t see each other’s game. We are both trying to play on the East Coast, but we can’t even see the same games when looking at other regions. Neither of us has the other blocked and we’re both playing on PC via steam. Any ideas on what’s happening would be appreciated

1 Like

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD: v100.12.1529.0
  • PLATFORM: Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass)

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

I can’t find the lobby of my friends. After filtering for ID, gametag or name of the lobby, nothing appears. I don’t think it’s a problem of cross-play because two of them play on different platform together. I am the only one not able to find and join their lobby.
I think the issue is that the filter works on the random lobbies of the multiplayer and does not find for new ones when filtering.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
    I managed to find their lobby once but only when the match had already started and after a lot of attemps.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to the Browser of lobbies
  2. Search for their ID, name or gametag
  3. Nothing appears

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
I expect to find their lobby and to be able to join it.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?
The list does not refresh at all. It seems like it searches only in the “preloaded” random lobbies of the multiplayer tab, not for new ones. Even clicking on refresh after filtering the lobbies doesn’t help.

2 Likes

We experience the same thing. I was thinking why they were giving us a game ID even we couldn’t use it on searches. Now I see this is also somekind of a bug.

1 Like

We really need to be able to invite people to lobbies/parties in game. Can we please get this feature soon because its just so awkward right now having to meet new people and group up to your platform either in steam or xbox. For example if a friend is on steam and the other on Mstore. They can’t invite each other to same game.

Hi, i am using the microsoft store and my friend is using steam we can join the same multiplayer unranked game but we can’t invite each other in ranked (or at least can’t find how to invite each other). I only can invite my Xbox friend and he can only invite his steam friend.
Thx for any help who comes around.

3 Likes

For the first two days, my friend (Steam) and I (MS Store) we were able to connect to each other’s games no problem. Still no ability to direct invite and invitation through Steam redirects me to the Steam store/purchase page. Now we can longer see each other’s games in the lobby. No matter what we do. Password protected, public, change the name so it’s on top of the queue, nothing works. I can’t believe that even having them as a friend listed you can’t direct invite. That’s about as egregious of an error as it gets. That’s like 1999 level online multiplayer.

I was able to play by giving my friend the game code.

Like others, lobby browser and invite did not work.

He had gamepass and I had steam.

Any way to invite a friend to a ranked lobby that is in another platform? I have the game in Steam and him in the Xbox Game Pass.
I added him as friend inside the game, but when I press the button Invite a friend in the Ranked game lobby it only allow me to invite a friend from my steam.
I can play with him when I host a normal game, but didn’t find a way to play ranked 2x2 with him