Haude Needs a Native Allies Card (with 'Five Nations Aggression' or some such name)

Aztecs with cheaper ally shipments that often boost their units & Incas with an ally native card, but also internal supplement cards, then Europeans with the French & Bourbons or Germans & Oldenburg, Wittelsbach, Hapsburg, etc. Lakota don’t need allied help, though I think they need to be reworked with respect to their food & how useful it is (Saracen Market Bonus in AoE III) or their late game infinite bison shipments. Haude would have to go for herdables.
Haude are just a send unit shipment civ & see if they countre you properly take advantage due to 75% extra wood from Trees being a passive bonus & free travois actually costing you villager work seconds.
Have a native alternative such as Cree, Huron & Cherokee which each have their own economic buffs for the civ. Ally with them get Huron Wedding on Horn (not the best map) or Cherokee of Saguenay, then cree villes just help out on the other maps…
It would mean a bit of Haude needs to be scaled back probably, they’re not going to lose their identity just ADD to it with a card like this. We’re not going to have mid to high level games have 286 or 325 Cherokee & Cree Riflemen (Skirms) in Age II crushing opponents. Age III Falconets or cav spam are going to crush them. But when Aenna just aren’t going to cut the micro, I’d rather have some huron mantlets in Age II holding the fort whilst I fish boom/fight water (Huron Wedding Tech).
Now 2/3 techs to choose from of these 3 isn’t really that difficult to handle either. The +200% Huron Mantlet amount from them seems a bit much potentially given their 225 pop cap already - so I suggest leave in the Wedding & the up to 30 minute Mantlet shipment. For Cree I think it’s obvious to get rid of Cree Tanning, but Cree Kinship is also a possibility. For the Cherokee again I think it’s kind of obvious to get rid of the WarDance as you’d rather not have Jesuit Conquistadours or Lipka Tatars skurrying around blasting units or Villagers.
The Leftover techs & the basic 4 villes or 5 built cree villes are potentially crucial to a Haude player. You can see how each of these 3 options Doesn’t Take Away from the potential push of Haude to harass greedy India players for example. But instead gives them an option either when the stalemate hits or when you need to F.F., but their F.F. is better due to better Eco bonuses & sufficiently strong shipments!

They have unit shipments too which are the confederate cards like 10 villagers + 1 TC.

Also, they get 10(?) Shadowteched dragoons which arrive fast in age IV.

1 Like

I don’t believe they arrive fast anymore

1 Like

There is no buff there though. You can get -25% coin cost from you tribal marketplace tech I believe & and another -25% coin cost from the card to make them 500 coin cost each - though they’re just unit shipments then.

Aztecs buff their individual units from Otontin Slingers to their various knights & they have an Age I card which reduces these the costs of those cards (and more) in Age I rather than Age III. The Age I card means you don’t need to bank shipments (wait another 40 seconds for them) to get the cheaper cost & then send the actual shipment or just spend the extra coin ASAP.
A lot of the Aztec cards can be sent twice too. Some for Aztecs & many for Haude are basic unit shipments essentially, whereas I’m mostly looking at Native Eco Buffs - since Haude does get +40% for their own infantry Age III, this is to help make their play adaptavle through a narive alliance card. That would involve a free native embassy with a choice of 3 native allies - which would provide 2/3 techs each & their native unit(s).

1. Hurons have Wedding for boosting fishing ships, Cherokee have 4 settlers tech, Cree have C.D.B.s - their reduced wood cost isn’t as much of a factor since you get Travois anyway. 2) Then the skirmishers of the last 2 and mantlet of the first, would allow alternative early to midgame playstyles. Those Are My Two Requests/Focusses.

I would swap all the temples cards by the arsenal techs at houses (which boost every unit, not just haude ones). Aztec decks are too restricted by that exact reason. Also, Haude get usefull BBs, aztecs dont

I always get confused when I see the acronyms here (B.B.) - though I got it now, however I think the resource shipments being every 10 min means you can’t be adaptable with them. It could be 28 minutes into a game & you’re losing 500 wood/coin/food by not being able to wait 2 more min. They’re reasonable shipments, but you still have to worry about train-time of units. IF you don’t send Wampum & most people don’t, you’re not getting 30% off train times which is harsh with F.P.s now at 36 seconds. I think the Aztecs pulling even on their buttons by 16-18 minutes is fine. If you ever had the big buttons card I think you could be having
Also you’re rarely getting the arsenal house cards - many don’t have them in their deck, where even if you get them it’s going to be late meaning you’ve been inefficient with your goons doing 10% less damage at 2 less range. You don’t have the eco in terms of both shipments & resources to get these out ASAP like other civs who just send wood crates & eat the arsenal cost.
I survived a France mining out almost double my coin at 15-16k & I at around 8k last night, simply due to my fishing about 26k food and essentially surviving his constant onslaught on C.D.B. Eco (not Theory Card or he even had +20% Age II mining card). 1 Ship and I was dead to his overwhelming Skirm + Goon + Cuir masses because he can make an arsenal and get these upgrades. I have to send a shipment for them which means either it’s slower or I have to waste more villager seconds on the Dance for Exp.

The reason I think Aztecs can work with a lot of these are their strong Age I Treasure Grabs & Denials (you out-damage your opponent’s Warchief, Explorer, etc. that boost into strong shipments - which are again boosted by your community plaza’s technology for your explorer). Use of the strong Aztec priest shipments & Age up seem to me to be the best secondary boom options with the community plaza that’s already been made. Boosting your Chief with Age I card & getting 10 priests = 22 villes on the plaza… then you also get later eco shipments of many sorts villes + work speed, better farm/estate gathering & so on. You can also handle a late game economy, whereas the main bonus a Haude would get are the Travois - which doesn’t really do much unless you have to rebuild in which case it’s nice, but you’ve probably already lost many of your villes & have to spend time relocating. Which means you don’t have the resources to build anything from the buildings which are being built…

To be honest I think every Native civ has the potential to have a native allies card that boosts their play. I don’t know how Germany works as an E.U. Civ & one which can pick and choose. They went with the religious temple route for Aztecs, the Incas get to pick & choose (they also get the Age II card like Aztecs for -10% cost & +20% build limit, which has both positives & negatives). For Lakota & Haude they’re just left to their own devices as direct civs & it makes them largely boring & far more of a single-playstyle civ. At least for Lakota they start simple, but diversify each Age-up particularly with cards. Then they have the eco boosting cards to support all of that diversity - send hunts later on, improved hunt gathering and better food income. They get the bonus X.P. Card Age I even rather than Age III to make their shipments even more versatile if they need/go that route.

The BBs I was refering to were the ones from military buildings that boost your train times and speed of units. Also your WC boost nearby units HPs.

Aztec get…being the only civ with 0 upgrades in their tech tree and the most micro intensive age I since their WC killing guardians dont gives you 2x XP (warrior priests either).

About getting natives at embassy, Im agree that natives civs should have them earlier than europeans civs.