Hausa/Ethiopia Eco

Hey was wondering if anyone’s done the math on the new african civs eco and how it compares to other civs.

They both seem to be lacking in overall eco upgrade cards, but there’s things like the new card which let’s cows gather from fields which is probably a few vills worth.
The kola nut card which gives a certain amount of what you gather from fields back in wood and I have no idea how much that’s worth.
Then there’s the whole livestock market, there’s an age 4 card which improves the rate the livestock value recovers, not sure how good that makes the market though and how often you can sell at max value, doubt it’s equivalent to 2 factories.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I have not played AOE-3 in a dedicated way in a long time due to technical and work limitations. The little time I have I spend here to talk about the game. That is why I do not have enough information or criteria about the mechanics of the new civilizations. However, I consider that livestock is very versatile because it functions as a medium-term investment at the same time that it generates influence.

I also have doubts about the economy of these civilizations for the treaty game. For example, if the influence is sufficient to hire natives and mersenarian or foreign units. I suppose that with the adjustment that was applied it is already profitable, but I don’t really know.

I did some rough maths on the cows here

4 cows is worth about 1 Hausa-maxed upgraded vil on food, but they also don’t gather the wood that you get from another card and also seem to not be afffected by vil upgrade. so from the 20 cows you get is about 5 additional vils. Maybe its better on coin but i didnt check.

5 additonal vils sounds good but Hausa vils gather rate on fields is a bit abyssmal, its like 1 food/sec at max compared to Euro civs 1.5- 1.7 (both have bumping and moving around so its even slower then the rated number)

1 Like

I love to do the math on eco but i don´t have the DLC yet heheh so no, not yet, sorry.

1 Like

As far as Treaty is concerned, both civs have very good economies.

The food and coin eco might not be at the top, but you have to consider that they have influence that is used to build a lot of units, so the pressure on each kind of resource is less than your regular civ.

5 Likes

So the influence is viable in the treaty? Can you seamlessly create natives like other civilizations?

They are rarely played on Natives, as they lack good cards and have a slower training speed for their Natives (comparing to Europeans civs.), so I am not sure, but I doubt they have much problems.

Outside of Maigadi, influence units are rarely spammed (it’s mostly artillery and mercenaries). It is still the slowest gathered resource, so like wood for other civs you can’t be careless.

1 Like

Hausa late game is not a problem but you need 3 cards to make them work.fulani cattle fertilizer ,team indigo dye works and rano indigo production .if we had cards like royal mint and refrigeration it would be better than having to play 3 or more cards to get a good eco also you have to switch between food and coin else eco will surely fail get alota food then switch to coin etc which sucks but you get use to it

If you are talking about treaty, Hausa eco is at the top. There are a few things to do. Age up with Fulani to unlock goat is a must. You can have 30 goats when fully fattened, each of the goat trickles 0.3 influence, which is 9 influence per second, roughly equal to 9 vills. Extra 20 cows will trickle a lot of influence too at 0.65 per cow.

Also the wood from field card is a must. Hausa doesn’t have factory so this card replaces them. 99 vills on field trickle about 10 wood per second, roughly one and half factories.

Another important thing is get all extra palace and university and TC build limit cards. Unlock the TC and university limit with a tech in university. Overall you can get 7 TC, 8 universities and 8 palaces. Build them close to each other to trickle huge amount of influences. On top of that you can use cattles (fully fattened) to farm. However you need to fatten them first because unfattened cows trickle less influence and they will not fatten when working on field.

When you combine all these Hausa has huge influence generation ability to compensate for the terrible food and coin gathering. Use influence to make artillery, maigadi, mercenaries, native warriors. If you still have influence unspent, there are cards which unlock kanuri guard and askari in home city, which helps you spend influence.

Influence is a core part of Hausa eco. Most of the units Hausa make in late game cost influence instead of traditional resources. You just need regular resources to make javelin riders and lifidi knights. For light infantry you can choose from Fulani archer or Corsair marksman. For heavy infantry you can go with Akan ankobia (food and coin) or maigadi (coin and influence) or Askari ( only influence). Also you can train levied units which cost influence only, just remember to include the card which makes them not lose HP, if you plan to make them.

3 Likes

if you talk about 4v4
Ethiopians lose to French at late game

You may think influence is free.
but you need a lot of Mameluke, Culverin to anti-artillery as Oromo Warrior is a joke

Also wood is a big problem.
Gascenya cost wood and you need 2,000 wood to upgrade them to Legendary. You may find it hard to train if you don’t have good map control.

The main source of influence for Hausa are the universities + TC + palace + (optionally) trade posts. These are more or less static, and can be built literally everywhere.

EthiUPia on the other hand can’t do this. They need to move around the map and place their mountain monasteries on gold mines, which, guess what: run out.

Personally I’d give ethiopia a shipment which refills 1000 gold in each mountain monastery, in age 4, sent infinite times.

Either that or make the ark of covenant available by default at MM without having to ally with a specific culture.

Ethiopia has a bad eco late game. Losing to almost all civs. It has the same or even worse food and coin gathering from field but no good way to generate a lot of influence.

Yeah so im just saying hausa eco is good. Ethiopia sucks. MM trickles like 0.7 or 0.8 influence while university is 2.25. university also can reach a higher build limit

Also if you do test, include all possible cards, ethiopian field gathers slower than Hausa’s (which is already very slow).

Abuns got buffed and monasterys reduced in cost, send the age 1 card that gives all monasterys 1000 coin and just destroy and rebuild monasterys as and when necessary.

but now they are 2 pop, not good in late game

Yeah seems a weird change but you can still task villagers on the monasterys you rebuild.