Hero system for AOE 4

I am a big fan of both AOE 2 and 3. I see AOE 4 has new game mechics such as stealth system for forests and archers on the wall, which are great!
But I still hope they can have deeper game mechics for AOE 4.
I really hope AOE 4 can have hero system, which will provide more strategies for players. For those who do not like hero units, they can have the option to ban the hero system.

3 Likes

Only one the mongols civ has a single hero unit if we are talking multiplayer. It has already been decided.

2 Likes

There may be a chance for a unit (or units) for one of the unannounced civs to able to gain experience, level up and perhaps unlock some abilities.
I do hope they won’t overdo it though, AoE is about economy, building and decent sized armies. Having to juggle lots of active abilities on top of all that would be overwhelming.

3 Likes

I agree active abilities are overwhelming to me – as if there isn’t already enough to take care of, I should also make sure to click my units the right time to be able to trigger their active abilites when the right moment strikes? Nah…

2 Likes

Really? Can I see the source? I couldn’t find it.

Heroes can have more passive abilities than active ones. LOL

2 Likes

I also want Hero units. I posted a similar topic to this months ago. I really like hero units but I hope they’re not too OP to ruin the game

1 Like

I like your Idea. There should be hero units in the game but for those who don’t like hero units, there should be an option in the game settings to disable hero units.

1 Like

But sadly, the developers changed their mind and decided not to include hero units :pensive: :sleepy:. Hero units were only playable on campaigns

1 Like

Yeah, totally agree!

1 Like

Sadly, hope they can include heroes in DLC.

1 Like

The Mongols have the “Khan” unit. It is like a hero they said. Boosts nearby units dmg etc when a whistling arrow with fireworks is shot.

The Mongol Khan has less HP than a scout btw.
It’s really only a support unit.

1 Like

Where did you get that info?

The trailers.
You can see a scout selected in the Norman campaign trailer (Age 1) that has more HP than the Khan from the Gameplay Trailer (Age 2).
Scouts are melee units so they need more HP than ranged units so it’s not that crazy but it shows that the Khan isn’t supposed to be a front line fighter.

4 Likes

You are right. And it means the Khan is really a “normal” unit in the game.

I assume you can only have one so it’s still kind of an Hero just not one you can put into the front line.
I like that it’s a pure support unit that is there to buff other units and not directly damage enemies.

But you have to be really careful that no one snipes the Khan.

1 Like

If so, then I hope other civs can have similar units. LOL

1 Like

By the way, if we can have only one Khan per game, then its abilities should be quite strong considering it’s fragility. XD

For me it looks like there is like a level-up system, where at least the mongol khan, can gain some exp. And why should he not get stronger with leveling up?
Hero buttton