High damage from bombards

Hello Age of Empires community :slight_smile:

Bombards are supposed to be strong against buildings and units.

However, I find that bombards do too much damage against both.

Therefore I think it would be good if the damage that bombards do per shot were reduced.

What do you think about the amount of damage bombs do?

Kind regards

1 Like

I think bombards and siege in general are in a good spot right now.
Bombards do high damage, but they do all of that damage concentrated in a single unit instead of doing area damage. Also the bombard now works as it is supposed to, a slow moving unit that does high damage.

Bombards and mangonel spam is still rampant in team games so hopefully we will see future nerfs.

Mangonels are good against large armies. Armies double, triple, or quadruple in team games so mangonels are always valuable. Bombards are good against fortifications. Team game maps are so fat and so many people spam keeps they’ll always be useful.

There’s nothing to nerf, they’re performing exactly as designed. Doing separate balance for separate game modes won’t really ever happen.

1 Like

I qgree, mangonels are in a good spot. Otherwise game will be dominated by balls of pure infantry.

There NOT in a good place in team game. there a cancer on this game that needs to be caped

I hope it helps you, it has subtitles

1 Like

It doesn’t have English subtitles and I don’t know Spanish.
I watched it anyways and from what I can see it talks about “rushers” beating “boomers” and so on.
I understand this but the thing is…
IN TEAM GAMES IT DOSE NOT MATTER IF YOU RUSH!!!

YOU RUSH AND ANOTHER TEAM COMES AND KILLS YOUR BASE OR THEY DEFEND THE OTHER PLAYER!!!

TEAM GAMES YOUR ALMOST FORCED TO TEC OR BOOM. SOMETIMES YOU CAN GET LUCKY AND THEY SUCK AND YOU KILL 1 PLAYER AND THEY ALL DROP.

So in team games you mass your best units and defend and move out when everyone is ready… sometimes its a long time tell your team wants to attack.
In this type of game Siege is OP as hell. You get to a critical mass with siege and you don’t really need anything else. Everything else is fodder . The Bombards and NOB/Mangels do all the work. Pointless to make anything else at this point in game

p.s springles get owned as well if you got China on your team… so there not going to save you. just a fyi

perhaps for 1v1,2v2 they are but they are simply being abused in the larger game modes.

I play lots of team too and i havent had any problems with bombards for a long time. They die quickly to cavalry. Also on team games maps are way bigger which makes siege less useful if you have to cover large distances.
Nerfing bombards and siege even further wont do any good to the game otherwise team games will become a walling and/or keep fest.

2 Likes

tbf I’m mainly referring to mangonels shutting down most of the infantry play in team games.

I want to do something other than rely on cavalry for everything

Yeah, mangonels can be q but oppressive on team games.
Mass knights+mangos right now is a pretty sick combo!
I think the area damage should be reduced a bit, but also the problem is if we nerf mangonels too much there will be no counter to mass infantry. Things like mass crossbow and/or mass handcanoneer would become a an issue

there it is in english