Horse scout on Steppe moves faster when shift-queued

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.34055.0 4495784
  • Platform: Steam

Issue:

The horse scout on Steppe moves much faster when shift-queued waypoints are used. Horse moves normal speed when using a single right click.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Start a single player, Random map gamemode, standard settings, on Steppe map.
  2. Select your horse, and create a shift-queue path.
  3. Horse will move at double speed when Shift-queued, normal speed when regular clicking.

I noticed this with both waypoint behaviors, tested with multiple civs and settings.

If other maps start with a horse instead of a scout cav, I suspect that horse will move faster, too.

You can see this bug on this video, using the old waypoint behavior.

4 Likes

I played a Steppe 1x1 today, my opponents horse was fast as the cobra car and that random dude naked from the cheat.

Meanwhile, my horse was running around slower than a Teutonic Knight.

Can somebody explain to me what the ■■■■ happened?

1 Like

Its a bug the horse gets that fast when queueing move commands

2 Likes

Oh. Thanks for the answer, bro.

Yeah, when queueing multiple waypoints for the horse, the horse suddenly goes a lot faster from the first waypoint onwards, if I’m correct. This happens consistently, I’ve seen it on all my steppe games so far for both me and (human) opponents.

This thread should be in the bug section of the forum, can it be moved? Or maybe it is already there?

This issue is currently being tracked, thank you for the report.

1 Like

We just released an update that may resolve this. Check it out and let us know if there are still any issues. The full list of updates can be found here:

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition — Update 34699