HOTKEY Overlay in the game interface

a quality of life improvement for newbies : the HOTKEY LETTER on the icon in the table of the in game interface for each unit/building.
it is difficult to learn all hotkeys and many newbies give up in the process. to make that process easier, a overlay of the letter assigned in the hotkey settings can appear over the icon on the in game interface (the place where we see the buildings/attack positions etc) which will great improve the learning curve.

hotkeys are primarily important for people to enjoy multiplayer. the learning curve in memorizing hotkeys is making many new players give up after a while. Hotkeys are an essential part of learning to play AOE2.

Also a hotkey tutorial in the Art of War to practice all units/builldings/military positions etc.

2 Likes

I believe that the more ability of using the Hotkey is that defference between pro and noob, not only using units, using the hotkeys can make a big defference between players

I agree with this. Instead of this nonsense new UI, spend the time doing a hotkey overlay display, which will be better for newer players. AoE 3 DE has this feature, i hope they add this as an option on future patches.

1 Like

PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE THIS FEATURE SO THE POST COMES TO ATTENTION OF THE DEVS