Hotkeys are reset to default upon installing the PUP

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: October PUP
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Hotkeys are reset to default upon installing the PUP.
The game seems to try and copy the old profile, as C:\Users\xxxxx\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\preview\xxxxxxxxxx\profile\name_of_your_old_profile.hkp is created, but its content does not match your usual hotkeys.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Always.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Have a custom hotkeys profile in the stable branch, install the PUP branch, notice your previous hotkeys are all reset to default values.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Keeping custom hotkeys.

1 Like

Hello @NamedMallard425
This issue is already tracked by the team, thanks for your report :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hotkeys survived when updating to the new stable patch! Thread can be closed.

Hello! Same issue in the new December PUP.

Hello @NamedMallard425 !
As PUP uses a different Player space, there is a workaround you can follow, you’d need to copy/paste your hotkeys files into here C:\Users<YourUser>\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\preview<YourID(many numbers)>\profile

1 Like

Hello
Is the known issue related to the following (below) issue or is it something else that deserves its own report?

Issue: Main branch reads PUP settings but writes to main profile.
Description: if you switch to a PUP and change any settings then switch back to the main branch the game always reads the PUP settings instead of the branch/patch you’re currently on.

I suppose the issues are caused by the same thing, but if this provides any additional context then I am happy to have helped.

In any case I found a workaround: go to the folder with the mentioned file/folder but delete/rename/remove/in-some-way-eliminate the file called “PupPlayer.nfp”.

1 Like

Hello!
In the March 2024 PUP, hotkeys are improperly copied from the stable branch. Using an AZERTY keyboard, every key that was set to AZQW on the stable branch becomes set to QWAZ in the PUP.

1 Like