How do I promote stuff on my account?

I really want to know how to promote stuff because I want to earn badges on my account and I am wondering how can you guys help me.

Earning badges depend on how active you are on forums.

For example, some badges need at least certain number of actions (like achievement): earn 5 LOL, 5 Likes, 25 LOL, 100 comments, etc.

I don’t know if that was you were looking.

Moderators can Promote posts. Posts with 5 or more positive reactions are promoted as well. Promoted posts are shown on the Best Of… page.

@rhrmn I might be to late, but i am abit confused as how the reactions work on this forum atm.
Currently, there are “Spam/Abuse”; “Disagree”; “Agree”; “LOL” reactions. In your post it says Dislike lowers users reputation, but dislike is missing, so i am assuming dislike and disagree have been merged into one “Disagree” that now lowers users reputation.(which doesnt seem right because its very subjective who is right and who is wrong, so losing reputation because you have a different opinion defeats the whole point of the forum).

I guess “Spam/Abuse” lowers users Reputation and Agree increases it, but what does “LOL” do? I am assuming it increases the users Reputation because if a post made someones day, they are going to react with “LOL” to it.

Maybe you @“Andy P” could help me?

@TheBritish If you read the text in my screenshot above it says that Disagree has no effect on reputation.

I LOL’d your post above and it had no effect on your reputation.

However, badges such as 5 LOLs which you received increase reputation. The badge list linked below shows how many reputation points received for earning each badge.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/badges/all

@rhrmn said:
@TheBritish If you read the text in my screenshot above it says that Disagree has no effect on reputation.

However, badges such as 5 LOLs which you received increase reputation. The badge list linked below shows how many reputation points received for earning each badge.

Hmm, i am not sure if the post you linked is the same for this forum as well because on this forum there isnt an option to dislike/like or tag posts as off-topic.

@TheBritish said:

@rhrmn said:

Hmm, i am not sure if the post you linked is the same for this forum as well because on this forum there isnt an option to dislike/like or tag posts as off-topic.

Admins control which reactions are available. Dislike reactions are available for Idea posts.

I see. That makes more sense now.
I am assuming currently only “Agree” gives +1 to users score and “Spam/Abuse” subtracts -1 from users score ?

@TheBritish said:
I am assuming currently only “Agree” gives +1 to users score and “Spam/Abuse” subtracts -1 from users score ?

Correct.

@rhrmn said:

@TheBritish said:

Correct.

Okay, ty. :slight_smile:

I just gave you a like :slight_smile: Hopefully you will get a badge for that!