How do you change your username on this site?

Hi, this might be a silly question, but how do you change your user/ profile name? When I created this account it just gave me this name and I couldn’t change it from the get-go. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

Your forum username is tied to your Xbox gamertag. It can be changed once for free on your Xbox.com profile.

1 Like

Ah ok, didn’t know that! Or that I had an Xbox gamertag even. Thanks for the info!

Edit: Ok that was easy! Thanks! No idea where that other name came from!

1 Like

Xbox auto assigns a gamertag when you sign in for the first time.

1 Like

Ok well, what a strange name to assign. I must have not noticed it the first time, or why I needed an Xbox account. I did play some Xbox briefly in 2017. Maybe I made an account then probably. Thanks again!

1 Like

I just changed mine… testing.

Edit: hmm my forum display name didn’t change…

You need to log out and log back in. It’s what I had to do. Here on the forum I mean.

1 Like

Ah sweet, it worked. Thanks! :sunglasses:

1 Like

No problem AoE2 Persian castle technology research man! (Just joking a little!)

1 Like

lol… is that just a reference to my display name or were you following that other thread?

No, a reference to your display name. Since we are in an Age of Empires forum, I thought why not!

Ah ok… yea there was this whole other thread about the Persian unique techs that I was incidentally getting pretty vocal in

This is exactly what i was looking for since i wanted to change my old Username of Player (Long number) to “Timo der Große” which is also my ingame Name.
Unfortunaly Xbox seems to not Support “ß” and changed it to “B” so instead of “Timo the great” im now “Timo the rude/rough” on this Forum :neutral_face:

Still better than player Long number

1 Like

Well, ß translates directly to “SS” in English. So maybe you should have made it Grosse. But either way, it works.

1 Like