How do you think it would be if all units had female versions?

I’m all for feminism but I like historical accuracy.

Disguised women as military should be a nice option for heroes (although not leaders, they existed, so the heroes skins is a good place to show them cause we even have astronauts)

CdB also need a female settler version, it doesnt need to be a “female” CdB, like the versions of Canada.

Insurgentes and some other irregular units could have women when appropiate.

Other options are out of place IMHO.

Anyway, devs wont do an all female version of the units. It wont happen and there is no budget.

Being on this topic, I have a proposal for the Poles civ:

Emilia Broel Plater

obraz

She was a captain of the Polish Army during the November Uprising. Her ancestors came from Westphalia and settled in Courland. In AoE 3, she could be the hero of the Historical Battle and could also be a skin for the Polish Hero - Szlachcic.

2 Likes

Nice idea
A very young brave woman I see!

In fact, I’m of the opinion that more female civilian units could be added to the game, such as: Surgeon, Cree Coureur des Bois???, Wagons with the female driver, Envoy??? and Settler Wagon - the female version of these units would spawn alongside the male one. This means that, for example, when training Settler Wagons, we would have a random number of their female counterparts.

In addition, I am a supporter of historical correctness and I think that it is worth including female rulers, heroes and, if they are also female units in the game. Doing something supposedly “nice” by force without historical correctness is wrong. I think female rulers like Queen Elizabeth and Queen Isabella who send men to slaughter are more satisfying from a women’s perspective - I feel weird writing this, but it’s a fact :joy:

2 Likes

Yep, definitely!
You are right
I would die in battle for my Queen, too
haha XD

2 Likes

Revolutionaries should have female versions since half of them were female villagers.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t know any other examples of women who commanded armies like Emilla Plater - I know about her thanks to history lessons at school in Poland, so that’s probably why I only know about her xD.

I’m curious if among the other civs we have in the game (or in potential civs) we would find similar historical figures.

In the 19th century in northern South America, there was a courageous lady called Manuela Saenz
She met Simon Bolivar in Quito, Ecuador
Bolivar is know for his independence military campaigns in South America
And had the dream to join Nowadays Ecuador, Colombia, and Peru in one nation.
Was his lover, his best friend, his most loyal soldier
In fact, was called “La Libertadora del Libertador”

1 Like

In my opinion, the perfect candidate for inclusion in the game is Princess Victoria Louise of Prussia. She was the only daughter and the last child of Wilhelm II, German Emperor.

In AoE 3, she could be a skin for Prussians civ Hero. Of course, she would be dressed in the uniform of the 2nd Prussian Life Hussars Regiment.

2 Likes

South America in general has an easy time including female units because women weren’t an uncommon sight in armies.
Camp followers were just a thing like everywhere else, except more often than not they ended up taking up arms anyways, a famous example is the battle of La Coronilla or the famous Rabonas from Bolivia & Peru and the Cantineras from Chile.
Even around the Rio de la Plata basin more often than not the people loading and manning the artillery were women, all the way from the independence wars to the war of the triple alliance.

3 Likes

Well, in Argentina we had important women: Juana Azurduy,Maria Remedios del Valle and Manuela Rosas, who are on our bills with our heroes…

Female skins for the Argentine General would be nice…

1 Like