How do you think it would be if all units had female versions?

How do you think it would be if all units had female versions?

All units should have both male and female versions, regardless of gender. This way the game can become more fun. The number of female players increases. It would be great to feel the warrior spirit of women in the game.

1 Like

Explorers are allowed to have feminized skin, but it is not accepted that all soldiers are feminized. Unless the female warriors in history。

5 Likes

There are already female versions of some units, including heroes and explorers!
Here is my brave Lakota War Chief, by the way!

I think portrait should be changed accordingly

1 Like

Should Dahomey Amazons have male versions?

8 Likes

Historically accurate no, but mods can bring those skins!

Aside from Hero skins, why not just pretend (or mod)?

If there were any females filling into the boots of musketeer in that time-frame (which would be incredibly rare), they’d certainly be hiding it so they’d in fact just look like male musketeers. In game, you can pretend that your armies are 99% women if that’s fun :smiley:

My wife enjoys the game despite the lack of females as she’s aware of the military norms of the time. Incidently this does mean she also enjoys seeing whole battalions of men off to their death.

5 Likes

Yeah would be fun,
A lot of work would be needed for this
You forget voiceovers, for example
Would like to see your wife playing the game and enjoying it by herself!

As long as it’s optional and no dev time is wasted on it (making it mod territory), I see no problem, such mods exist for some units. The Age 3 dev team is not large and they only have so many resources and I’d rather have them use their time to better the game. If a unit like the Dahomey Amazon was historically accurate, devs can implement them for all I care, as they did. And as far as I know every explorer has a female variant. Aside from that, what makes you think female players need female skins for all the units in game to enjoy playing it?
“This way the game can become more fun. The number of female players increases.” I don’t see any reason on why the game becomes more fun like that, gameplay is what makes the game fun, not unit genders and I also don’t see how more female players would start playing just because the units are female now.

TLDR The devs should not waste time converting units to the opposite gender which is sh’tloads of work and if you want it mod it.

2 Likes

Here is an example of a woman called “Hannah Snell” (1723-1792) who disguised herself as a male soldier. Hannah assumed the name of her brother-in-law “James Gray” and first joined the 6th Regiment of Foot and later joined the Marines.

She really does take the cake when it comes to her disguise. If I didn’t point out that this person shown in the sketch below was a woman then most of you guys would probably think that it was a man.

1 Like

So far there are female:

Settlers (Except for the coureur des bois like wuuut), fisher woman and some revolutionary counterparts.

Campaign Heroes

Explorer skins
imagen

Mercenary (Just the 1 tho)

AI personalities
imagen

Profile pictures
imagen

And maybe some treasure guardians??? lol

One that would make sense to include females would be the insurgente, since they are pretty much anyone who can grab a shovel, machete, stick…

Maybe they could include some “disguised” females among, say, musketeer regiments, as a nod of how there were several women who enlisted as men in the armies (I imagine just a change of the musketeer face and a slightly higher pitch on the existing unit audio lmao).
imagen

############################################################################################################

Anyway, would be a nice addition to the game :3

1 Like

Yeah I’d welcome them openly. If not for anything else because they are a golden opportunity to replace some of the most boring voice acting among units in the game. European civs in particular could use a lot more variety in unit voice lines, especially now that many of them have been recycled with the new units introduced in DE DLCs and whatnot.

It sounds dumb, but there’s good evidence that representation works and having more female units would attract more women into the game.

3 Likes

It would be extremely inaccurate if there were women Coureur des Bois. Their work was extremely demanding and many died just from physical exertion so I’d be surprised if any women participated. There were almost no French women in the early colonies so they took Native wives or later they sent the filles du roi to fix the gender imbalance.

6 Likes

Really. Terrible. Idea.

5 Likes

Oh, that’s why :sweat_smile:
Thx for explaining :3

imagen

I don’t care either way. I don’t see why it would increase the women player base, as I don’t think female players refuse to play this game due to lack of female units.
But if it makes most players happy, then sure, why not.

1 Like

Simply put, if the historical time-frame allows it, it can be applied, but unfortunately it was not historically the norm. We cannot rewrite history. We can only tell the historically accurate truth.

4 Likes

Female soldiers were extremely rare in that time period. If you wanted to represent their percentage accurately, you would almost never come across a female unit. Which means it would be a waste of resources for the devs. And if you increase the percentage, then it’s just sacrificing accuracy/authenticity for inclusion. So no, units should stay like they are, unless there are more all-female regiments like the Dahomey Amazons.

9 Likes

No, very SJW besides being historically incorrect…

10 Likes

DISAGREE, DO NOT TRY TO REWRITE HISTORY!!

5 Likes