How good are Armenians defensively?

I speak as a pretty low elo. 800 to 950. I often play non ranked games overall since its more chilled, Europe Diplo or something else crazy like that. I can’t really raise beyond that. I do much better in 4v4 choke point maps like michi, black forest, or amazon tunnel.

Generally defensive oriented player and passive. Not good for competitive play. Walling is not what it used to be back in the day, too many nerfs to walling up in open maps. Gone are the days you could wall up easily on arabia.

That said, Armenians seem to be my favourite civ in open maps. I can actually survive a scout rush with just a few spearmen and a scout rush raiding party will suffer some losses if they try go for my lumberjacks. Otherwise, I just lose my lumber camp and the game is over. Even in the event of archers, skirmishers are pretty decent.

So how good are they defensively for that players like me?

Fortified Churches are pretty good for defense, you can definitely lock down you eco with them. No Bombard Cannon hurts (both offensively and defensively, and on all maps). Otherwise they’re pretty average honestly.