How much does the game feel incomplete to you, guys?

Is there anyway to disable the auto work in villagers? ex: when i build 4 TC i want the villagers to build them all, not build 1 and start chopping wood or something like that…

@AboveMuffin8 said:
Is there anyway to disable the auto work in villagers? ex: when i build 4 TC i want the villagers to build them all, not build 1 and start chopping wood or something like that…

Not currently. The development team has indicated that this feature is being considered.

@Augustusman said:

@“Fantome of Blue” said:

@ExemptedScarf68 said:
Hey ladies and gentleman! First of all, I haven’t bought the game yet. I got the impressions described here by watching gameplay videos on YouTube. I’m still deciding if it worth my money. My complainings are the following:

• Egyptian houses at Tool and Bronze Age are the same. The architecture of no other civ look incomplete like this.
  • Egyptian buildings are too much monochromatic. They were supposed to be far more colorful, to be historically accurate. All that statues and walls that can be seen today were wonderfully painted.
  • Egyptian (again) Bronze Age walls looks too much the same as the Iron Age walls, opposing the original game.
  • Still priests don’t begin healing automatically when near injured units?!
  • Old dated Scenario Editor, without triggers and the like. That mean, we aren’t able to create narratives and complex events like the SE of other Age titles permits.
  • Would be cool watching that old cinematics remade (minor problem).
  • And, of course, the stressful way pathfinding works up-to-date, since the original game.

What your thoughts, people?

It feels okay to me. The maps are a touch dark compared to classic mode, but the textures for the models of the units and buildings, to me, are okay. Kind of the whole point behind the game was to update the 2D sprites to 3D models without really changing the basic look and design of the units and buildings, so I’m not really sure what your issues are here.

The game still having 2D sprites.

Well, there’s sprites in the classic mode, but I don’t recall any sprites in 3D accelerated mode.

@Tom4 said:

What’s up with the hotkeys? Why not the Original ones?

[In the beta] If you go to options → Hotkeys, there is an option to set hotkeys to Original/Classic or something like that, and it assigns all hotkeys to their original positions in the old game. :smiley:
Very useful after playing AOE for such a long time.

IMO the new ones are objectively better since they make more sense (line up in a grid), but I’m just used to the old ones.

@“Fantome of Blue” said:

@Augustusman said:

@“Fantome of Blue” said:

@ExemptedScarf68 said:
Hey ladies and gentleman! First of all, I haven’t bought the game yet. I got the impressions described here by watching gameplay videos on YouTube. I’m still deciding if it worth my money. My complainings are the following:

• Egyptian houses at Tool and Bronze Age are the same. The architecture of no other civ look incomplete like this.
  • Egyptian buildings are too much monochromatic. They were supposed to be far more colorful, to be historically accurate. All that statues and walls that can be seen today were wonderfully painted.
  • Egyptian (again) Bronze Age walls looks too much the same as the Iron Age walls, opposing the original game.
  • Still priests don’t begin healing automatically when near injured units?!
  • Old dated Scenario Editor, without triggers and the like. That mean, we aren’t able to create narratives and complex events like the SE of other Age titles permits.
  • Would be cool watching that old cinematics remade (minor problem).
  • And, of course, the stressful way pathfinding works up-to-date, since the original game.

What your thoughts, people?

It feels okay to me. The maps are a touch dark compared to classic mode, but the textures for the models of the units and buildings, to me, are okay. Kind of the whole point behind the game was to update the 2D sprites to 3D models without really changing the basic look and design of the units and buildings, so I’m not really sure what your issues are here.

The game still having 2D sprites.

Well, there’s sprites in the classic mode, but I don’t recall any sprites in 3D accelerated mode.

The engine is 2D prerenderized sprites.
In both cases the game uses renders from 3D.

The pathfinding is terrible

I’m disappointed that they didn’t implement things that just make the game feel better to play. AoE was a great game, but there is no reason why the developers shouldn’t have added features that make the game just less frustrating to play.

Off the top of my head,

• Pathfinding is pretty bad, especially for large groups of units. Why would they not just implement the good army grouping mechanic from AoE2 and AoM.
  • Auto-reseeding farms. It’s amazing that they didn’t add this.
  • Default attack settings from AoE2. Stand ground, defensive, the default offensive.

etc

Extends time to work on the game only to release it halfassed. Why? Why release it like this? Pathfinding is nonexistant and ranked? Hmm 2018 competitve gameplay is NOT an option. Nice! Also ■■■■ Xbox.

You can actually even see how MP is dieng out and there are less and less rooms. I hope they gonna do something fast or at least say when they will have ratings or further improvements.

In AoE the economy was more challenging. More random, less automatic. Economy on autopilot=Age of kings
I really dont need features from AoK economy wise.
Economy was a big part of aoe, there’s no need to implement something like ‘auto-aim’.
The ‘idle villager’ button is great.

I would like a general chat in the game lobby. It’s nice to talk after you played a good game.
The social aspect on the Zone back in the day was a big part of the game.

The game goes faster than the original, and the maps feel darker. Not incomplete, but different. If you play it in classic mode, then the maps are brighter, and I actually prefer brighter old fashioned maps to the darker 3d accelerated maps.

Just the AI pisses me off, the game is real nice tho! :slight_smile: