How much does the game feel incomplete to you, guys?

Hey ladies and gentleman! First of all, I haven’t bought the game yet. I got the impressions described here by watching gameplay videos on YouTube. I’m still deciding if it worth my money. My complainings are the following:

• Egyptian houses at Tool and Bronze Age are the same. The architecture of no other civ look incomplete like this.
  • Egyptian buildings are too much monochromatic. They were supposed to be far more colorful, to be historically accurate. All that statues and walls that can be seen today were wonderfully painted.
  • Egyptian (again) Bronze Age walls looks too much the same as the Iron Age walls, opposing the original game.
  • Still priests don’t begin healing automatically when near injured units?!
  • Old dated Scenario Editor, without triggers and the like. That mean, we aren’t able to create narratives and complex events like the SE of other Age titles permits.
  • Would be cool watching that old cinematics remade (minor problem).
  • And, of course, the stressful way pathfinding works up-to-date, since the original game.

What your thoughts, people?

How about buy the game before making assumptions/complaining? Half of what you listed is false as of the latest build.

And colorful walls? Come on dude.

• No MMR/ELO system
  • No Replays System (cant record games)
  • No Flare/Ping
  • No Save Game/Restore for Multiplayer
  • No quick all talk (* for aoe2)
  • Really basic spectator mode (also it takes one player slot, that sucks)
  • No matchmaking system
  • The good old Pathfinding/Networking issues already discussed a lot of times
  • Theres some gameplay “bugs” that should be fixed like corpses decay and building on animal’s corpses, i would like to see corpses turn into skeletons then dissapear, that would be cool

Thats my main issues with the game

When you right click to heal, a priest will continue to heal any units nearby after that. However, you must initiate the healing, otherwise the priest is in ready mode, to convert if attacked.

Scenario editor was mentioned, they will unlikely to add triggers.

Pathfinding will probably be looked at in the future.

Remastered Cinematic would be great, but a lot of work for the graphics people.

The project is bigger than they thought, more bugs etc and scope keeps increasing… They did well to get it in a useable state.

Remember that pathfinding and AI are carry over from the original, so issues are expected given the nature of this engine. Improvements are to be had in the future I hope :slight_smile:

I dont know for me game is ok but they need to implement lollypops to grow from ground so my willies can lick something while idle.
If not ill ask for my money back…

what you guys think, good or bad addition to the game?

also forgot

They should make cows so after lollypop been licked so they can go and get some milk.
I just do not get it how they made this game and not thinking about health for willies…
man i am sick and tired of absence of those 2 things…
good or bad addition?
what you guys think?

@KindaMike11111 said:
I dont know for me game is ok but they need to implement lollypops to grow from ground so my willies can lick something while idle.

You forgot to mention lollipop re-seeding. This would be an excellent addition to the game

@PunjabiSpartans said:

@KindaMike11111 said:

You forgot to mention lollipop re-seeding. This would be an excellent addition to the game

ah forgot that, thx for reminder and yes, re seeding also needed.

Thank you very much for ur attention!!

@PunjabiSpartans said:
How about buy the game before making assumptions/complaining? Half of what you listed is false as of the latest build.

And colorful walls? Come on dude.

I admit haven’t been clear on my point. My mistake. I believe Egyptian architecture could be visually better in-game. About the colorful walls, I was making reference to the ruins of temples and statues that can be seen nowadays. Thousands of years ago, they were amazingly painted. The Egyptian architecture in-game looks poorly represented. But everything I pointed are minor concerns about the launched version of the game. I intend to buy the game soon.

@AngryCAT9411 said:

• No MMR/ELO system
  • No Replays System (cant record games)
  • No Flare/Ping
  • No Save Game/Restore for Multiplayer
  • No quick all talk (* for aoe2)
  • Really basic spectator mode (also it takes one player slot, that sucks)
  • No matchmaking system
  • The good old Pathfinding/Networking issues already discussed a lot of times
  • Theres some gameplay “bugs” that should be fixed like corpses decay and building on animal’s corpses, i would like to see corpses turn into skeletons then dissapear, that would be cool

Thats my main issues with the game

I agree with every single aspect you have pointed! The absence of Flare/Ping, and even the existence of a non-used space on the interface for it, reflects my point: the game looks unfinished in some minor aspects.

@Penelinfi said:
When you right click to heal, a priest will continue to heal any units nearby after that. However, you must initiate the healing, otherwise the priest is in ready mode, to convert if attacked.

Scenario editor was mentioned, they will unlikely to add triggers.

Pathfinding will probably be looked at in the future.

Remastered Cinematic would be great, but a lot of work for the graphics people.

The project is bigger than they thought, more bugs etc and scope keeps increasing… They did well to get it in a useable state.

Remember that pathfinding and AI are carry over from the original, so issues are expected given the nature of this engine. Improvements are to be had in the future I hope :slight_smile:

My hopes too! I can’t describe how much excited I felt when watched the first trailer of this project. We are all waiting for the best final product the developers can give us, nothing less.

@KindaMike11111 said:
also forgot

They should make cows so after lollypop been licked so they can go and get some milk.
I just do not get it how they made this game and not thinking about health for willies…
man i am sick and tired of absence of those 2 things…
good or bad addition?
what you guys think?

Cattle may be cows… nope.

I don’t like new unit sounds and collision of units seems to be broken. Best example is when vills are trying go gather berries some of them are standing without any motion. I’m also missing decomposing of units i don’t know when units were killed. On navy units there are no flow animation of sail. Oh and remastered videos could be best…

Hi guys, I played the singleplayer a bit and played two online games.
I have had a hard time controlling the units.
Selecting villagers, sometimes results in selecting all villagers. Really mess up your economy when all your villagers leave their task. I also have a hard time selecting troopers in combat :frowning:

What’s up with the hotkeys? Why not the Original ones?

Anyways, it was fun though playing AoE online again. Running villagers all over the map and fighing with Axeman.

The pathfinding is somehow even worse than in the original game. Units getting stuck on each other, taking idiotic paths and getting stuck on walls/buildings, etc.

This game got delayed by many months and was in beta for many months, and it’s still broken on release. WTF?

@Ibuuyk why you flagged?

I just tried to continue with the greek campaign but it’s really difficult to micromanage with the mouse. Do more people have this problem? drawing windows to grab players, clicking, double clicking… Half of the time it’s not responing. Maybe game is not supporting my mouse or any ideas?

From historical aspect only the civs are correct and the ussage of melee and ranged weapons. Look at 0 a.d game, it is free and also is far better accurate than AoE

@ExemptedScarf68 said:
Hey ladies and gentleman! First of all, I haven’t bought the game yet. I got the impressions described here by watching gameplay videos on YouTube. I’m still deciding if it worth my money. My complainings are the following:

• Egyptian houses at Tool and Bronze Age are the same. The architecture of no other civ look incomplete like this.
  • Egyptian buildings are too much monochromatic. They were supposed to be far more colorful, to be historically accurate. All that statues and walls that can be seen today were wonderfully painted.
  • Egyptian (again) Bronze Age walls looks too much the same as the Iron Age walls, opposing the original game.
  • Old dated Scenario Editor, without triggers and the like. That mean, we aren’t able to create narratives and complex events like the SE of other Age titles permits.
  • And, of course, the stressful way pathfinding works up-to-date, since the original game.

It feels okay to me. The maps are a touch dark compared to classic mode, but the textures for the models of the units and buildings, to me, are okay. Kind of the whole point behind the game was to update the 2D sprites to 3D models without really changing the basic look and design of the units and buildings, so I’m not really sure what your issues are here.

@“Fantome of Blue” said:

@ExemptedScarf68 said:

It feels okay to me. The maps are a touch dark compared to classic mode, but the textures for the models of the units and buildings, to me, are okay. Kind of the whole point behind the game was to update the 2D sprites to 3D models without really changing the basic look and design of the units and buildings, so I’m not really sure what your issues are here.

The game still having 2D sprites.