How to kill english in feudal age?

I know a lot of reply telling me “it’s possible if you micro well etc…”.

But my concern is that currently, Im like between gold-platinum, and whenever I play against english, i know im losing like 80% of the time, whenever I play against any other civ, I know i’ll probably win 70%. So it’s a bit discouraging.

They often just build right next to my base and it’s really hard to kill their longbow + spear since my archers get crushed and even my horseman. And then they build tons of towers, rams… and just slowly destroy my base with their increased range. I always feel forced to go castle while they boom their eco…

This should not be the case. You should be able to outmass your english opponent with military schools and your archers are cheaper. Make sure you are focusing their spears first then longbows. once the spears are gone the MAA either have to chase your sipahi or the sipahi will wreck the LBs. MAA are tanks so leave them for last and once it’s only MAA left you can just kite them all day. Make sure you get ranged defense and attack upgrades before taking on english longbows. Not getting those BS upgrades is a sure fire way to lose horribly.

If you have good APM, after you attack move your sipahi you can grab one at a time and target individual longbows. Thats the most effective way and will help avoid them attacking MAA.

Another good tip is to be patient and never force a battle that you will lose. Make sure you have the bigger army before attacking otherwise just bide time. It also sounds like you need to scout better to avoid english getting a proxy base on you.

I do agree that trying to take english out in Fuedal is extremely frustrating and I am so tired of playing english every other game as well. It’s extremely difficult to take out english when they have longbows, network of castles, gatling gun TCs, cheaper farms, and now a buffed white tower landmark that doubles as a keep + 2 production buildings. They get to castle and basically have 4 production buildings for free and a keep.

Also if they get the proxy base down send some sipahi around to their base to harrass their eco. If you can get away with it (i.e. you have enough safe resources), even consider taking your whole army around to their base. maybe leave a few archers to defend. But their army is slow and if their production buildings are far away they will struggle to defend their base.

people are writing you dont want to fight english at feudal,defensive civ dont need a army advantage something something but they are getting the map control and you cant gather gold if they even manage to kill 1 of your vills its game over.Man at arms at feudal and making units 2 times fast from landmark feels preaty unfair and very frustrating deal with they should do this atleast:

no civ should get units from landmark thats such a huge advantage at early and it escalates until the end of the game if you guys know tactics to deal with this im listening

that means you lost the map control and cant gather gold.Even if you dont fight with english they are not standing there they are improving with you and when they made rams protected with mass longbows gg to you

I agree english are too strong, but i dont agree they should add new units just to counter english. It doesn’t make sense. The horseman already fills the roll of anti-archer, so either they need be stronger, or longbow less strong.
Maceman would absolutely get crushed by longbows so it wouldnt solve the problem at all and only complicate the game.
I think if the game needs balancing then MAA need less armor in age 2, and longbow a small nerf. Or at least a nerf to the build speed of that english landmark. That would be enough without adding so much complexity to the game just because english exists. Because all the other civs are fine. Even knights in age 2 arent that bad.

horseman cant keep up with council hall production speed and even if there is just 1 spearman in those archer mass gg horseman so weaker version of malian javelin is necessary.Maceman(weaker version of musafadi) needed too to counter burgrave landmark because you cant keep up with it so easly its nearly game over if you cant age up fast enough and build atleast 4 archery range.Early man at arms definetly need a armor nerf its such a huge advantage against civs(ones without a defensive landmark) lacks them.

I know but maceman wouldnt either… My point is not that english are fine, my point is that a new unity is not the correct solution, nerfing english is. Horsemen are already “supposed” to counter archers

If you want we can try 1v1s in the afternoon I take Ottos who I only played once this way I practice them and you take English to show me how op they are and I try different styles/Builds like feudal aggro 2 TC Castle rush etc. What do you think?

1 Like

Just patience and keep going. For me one of the hardest civs to beat are ottos and malians using abbasids. And I wouldn’t say they are OP.

If you are talking to me give me your game name

they need changes too

Originally I wanted to respond to OP (I don’t know what happened I was using phone). But we can play together if you want. I PM you to avoid being spammed.

Started playing french instead and i have 0 issue against english.

I think it’s just with Ottoman, the MAA are really really hard to counter, I see a lot of mass MAA against me when playing Ottoman and it’s quite hard to counter in age 2 or early age 3. With french its not because the knight crush both longbow and MAA.

Sure they can make spears but then it becomes a true counter/micro game with a counter for each unit, unlike otto vs english which is just unfair in age 2 from the units available.

You cant. We always win

except that english don’t have an age 2 burgrave not to mention early maa have less armor. If he spams MAA then he won’t have archers then you can mass archers which can deal with early MAA (as long as you got a lot of them) you kite and kill MAA one by one. IF he doesn’t spam the few MAA he is got won’t be a big deal either. Probably you got a combination of macro/micro issues. If ottomans feel hard to play to you and you don’t want a harder civ play English yourself. Otherwise just get better problem solved. Saying you have 10% win rate against English because they are OP is nonsense.

1 Like