How to replace font and use English voice-over for other language?

Hi, I’m new to the AoE modding community, currently working on some AoMR modding ideas. I know how to pack and load a mod, or extracting BAR files, but I’m still unfamiliar to how the game handles things. Here’s my questions and I would very much appreciate any help or advice.

1. How to add new TTF font to the game and make the game use the font?
    I tried to add a TTF font to game\ui_myth\Fonts and edit the XML in game\ui_myth\resources\language_resources\TraditionalChinese\LanguageResources_zh-Hant.xaml to use the new font instead of the original Traditional Chinese override, however it doesn’t work.

2. I want to create a mod to use English voice-over for other languages.
    I edited the file game\data\strings\locale_mappings.xml and delete <soundfolder> tag for the target language, hoping the game will load default English voice-over. However the game still loads the localized voice-over for the language.
    I don’t want to manually replace all the audio files in the sound_localized folder BAR file. There should be a way to make the game load default sound when choosing the other languages, but I’m not sure how to.

Self answering question 2:

The game treats sounds in mod in higher priority than localized sound files. Therefore to make the game use English voice-over in other languages, simply make a mod containing all default campaign dialogue voice files. I’ve already created the mod.

1 Like

Have you figured out how to change the font by any chance?

From what I can tell, custom fonts are always placed after local in priority, because the main menu and in-game fonts don’t change, but when you enter the map editor, the font you changed is applied.

Unfortunately no. Though the font works for you in the map editor might be an useful information because mine couldn’t work in map editor as well. I might need to figure out first how to make it work in map editor. Could you share how you did it?