How to strengthen China? I think this approach can be a starting point for modifying gameplay

My Proposed China Changes

I have my own thread for proposed changes but I will list my main points here.

1. Dynasties Dynasty Landmarks costs are reduced by 10% stacking with each dynasty previously achieved
    Song - 10% cheaper, if Song built then Yuan 20% cheaper, if Yuan built then Ming 30% cheaper to build.

2. Age 3 Landmark Buff Imperial Palace offers vision to military units as well
    Make this landmark more useful as of right now it offers no value when you could just scout instead. As compensation for this buff increase the cooldown.

3. Ming Dynasty Taxes can now be dropped off at Outposts & Keeps
    Right now Ming Dynasty only offers Grenadiers and 10% military HP buff. That’s not nearly enough to merit dropping 3600 resources. This bonus would also allow taxes to be used in the late game because as of right now they become useless due to long travel times to TC and Imperial Academy.

4. Imperial Official Limit Each Dynasty achieved increases Imperial Official limit by 1
    Gives greater incentive for going through the dynasties as well as an ability to catch up and react to an opponent after dropping resources to age up twice. Not to mention Delhi & HRE can train an unlimited number of their economic support units whereas IO are limited to 4.

5. Imperial Academy The Imperial Academy now trains Imperial Officials
    Makes this landmark useful for jump starting their economy as well as staying relevant throughout a game. As currently this landmark is only used for the first 10-15 mins or so.

I fully explain my ideas on my topic page if anyone wants to check them out.

3 Likes