These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: 78757 and April PUP (but it happened in prior versions before)
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Basically the problem is that some time ago, when I was using my integrated GPU Vega 11, the game ran fine.
But after I bought a RX 6600 the game started to stutter and lose FPS after, like, 20 minutes in the game (reaching even 10 FPS). This is the only game where this problem happens.
This problem does not happen with my integrated GPU (which ran the game fine) from this PC (Vega 11), neither with the iGPU from my notebook (a Vega 8 from a Ryzen # ############### One of the solutions that I’ve read online is that I should set the minimum CLK of the GPU at 90%. Doing this the game runs fine in cycles, like 5-10 seconds runs at 60 FPS and then there is a pause/stutter (or varios stutters) and the FPS drops to <20 or more.
All other solutions (rolling back a driver, record the screen, use another program on main focus, etc) produces the same result.
I’ve included screenshots of my AMD configuration (screenshot 1) and how in the game just prior to a stutter the GPU CLK goes down to <100 MHz.
The cycles goes like this
- Game runs fine (screenshot 1)\
- MHz drops to low level → Stutter and drop in FPS (screenshot 2 and 3)
- MHz goes high again (screenshot 4)
- FPS comes back (screenshot 5)
- MHz goes down again and get huge drop in FPS (screen shots 6, 7 and 8)
- Without the minimum CLK in my configuration the game runs the same but with more stutter (like all the time instead of cycles).
In MP the problem was even worse, but I didn’t want to ruin other player’s matches just for a report.
Due to the nature of the problem and its causes (lowering the MHz for some reason), could it be related to eco saving mode or that the game has a “Marginal” rating on the AMD Adrenaline software. I think if that thing is confirmed maybe a report from the devs will have more impact that my bug report on AMD Adrenaline
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue (you must have a RX 6600):
To reproduce the problems
- In the Main Menu->Single Player-Skirmish Mode
- Start a 4vs4 vs AI And play normally
- After some minutes the game will go from 60 FPS to 15 FPS with lot of stuttering
- This stutter agravates with time, so the first 5 minutes will go well, but like in the 30 minute mark the game becomes nearly unplayable.
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The game should run well on a RX 6600 and not have FPS drops all the time, nor stuttering.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
I’ve included the screenshots + a screenshot of my AMD configuration in a GDrive folder (couldn’t upload the images on the forum) + DxDiag file
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.