Hungary a not very unique revolution that needs help

Hello and good day, I have been analyzing the Hungarian revolution for a while and I realized that it has many problems based on its “unique” units, which I consider are annoying and leave the revolution overshadowed and limited by current mechanics.

1.- Play with the Ottomans obligatorily to train Magyar hussars

Let’s be honest, the majority who play the revolution do so because the Magyar hussars are very effective, similarly to the Chilean death hussars, but the problem is that there are people who do not like to play with the Ottomans and there are very few who opt for the version of grenadiers or pandurn’s offered by Germany and Russia

2.- Grenadiers and Hussars Magyares are really unique?
Currently there are 3 ways to obtain these powerful units, the first would be the revolution with the Ottomans/Russians, the second would be to ally with the house of Habsburg with the big button ability and the third option in the case of the hussars which I consider somewhat broken It would be with the United States with the “Kovat’s Legion” card allowing them to be trained. The problem is how reliable this is, although it is true that the United States version of this unit is a little less strong as well as expensive compared to the Ottoman version. in that it would not make much sense to play with Germans, Russians, Ottomans and Maltese since you already have said unit with all the benefits of not sacrificing your imperial age in addition to the cards that these units grant for the number of blockhouses/towers left somewhat useless against this letter and the ability of the Habsburgs

3.-The revolution is made to grant different effects and units depending on which country is revolutionized, so it would not make sense for it to have the same units?

I sincerely believe that the concept is good but poorly implemented, there are revolutions like Argentina and Brazil that retain the same effect regardless of the country you play with, I think that Hungary should have all its grenadier units as cavalry but that the buffs are applied depending on the country you play
to finish this I think it would be fair because you are sacrificing your imperial age to get something good

I am not against the United States having the Hussars Magyars, in fact it seems good to me because it is something historical and it is the reward for reaching the Imperial age

Limiting a revolution that leaves a lot for so few benefits seems to be something that people are not interested in, unlike Texas, which is very popular and even used
It is much better to play with the United States than a country from which you can revolutionize Hungary, adding the fact that the Mexican revolutions have a very extensive range of things to offer, unlike this old revolution, thanks for your attention, friends.

1 Like

I think the Hungarian Revolution should be based on the Hungarian Revolution of 1848. Grenzer is too Austrian and would be better suited as a unique Levy that could also be trained in Outposts. Pandour is Croatian and Hajduk is Serbian, so these units would be more suited to South Slavic revolutions such as Croatia and Serbia (or somewhat controversially - Serbo-Croatia or Yugoslavia). In short, the Hungarian revolution should be more Hungarian. References to Poland could be good, because Poles supported Hungarians during this revolution - one of its commanders was a Polish, Józef Bem.

The Ottomans could get a Greek, Bulgarian and Serbian revolution in place of the Hungarian revolution.

1 Like

The in-game Hungarian revolution feels more like “parts from the Habsburg monarchy that we haven’t fit into the German civ yet”.

1 Like

Hungarian Hussar

And that’s just not good. I think that, for example, the Hungarian Hussars were not only revolutionaries, but for many centuries they were also the loyal cavalry of the Habsburg Monarchy. The presence of Hungarian Hussars in the Hungarian Revolution is obvious - there is no more famous Hungarian unit from that time, but I think there should at least be a Home City card that would allow training Hungarian Hussars in Stable and Fort for Austrians civ (current Germans civ).

Alternatively, the Austrian civ could have a unique Politician that would allow training Hungarian Hussars. Instead of Cavalry Marshal they could have Hussar Marshal in Age 4.

Grenzer

Easiest would be to replace Levy with Grenzer unique to Austrians civ. This unit would not lose HP and would be trainable in Town Center and Outposts. It would be possible to reuse them, but the cost would be higher each time.

Pandour & Hajduk

Both Pandour and Hajduk are South Slavic units and thus they did not like Hungarians. The best solution would be to add Croatian and Serbian revolution options. Pandour would be in the Croatian revolution and Hajduk in the Serbian revolution. The Croatian Revolution would be available to Italians and Austrians (now Germans civ) civs. Serbian revolution would be available for Ottomans and Russians civs.

Hungarian Revolution

This revolution should only be available to Austrians civ so other civs would have other choices instead. All the scattered features of the Hungarian civ (except Grenzer, Pandour and Hajduk) should be merged into one - in this way a unified Hungarian revolution would be more attractive.

Examples of revolutions that could replace the Hungarian Revolution for individual civs:

• Ottomans - Bulgaria
  • Russians - Russian Revolution e.g. Decembrist revolt
  • Maltese - Sicily

Grenzers should be a unit at the Habsburg royal house instead of Line Infantry. They could function similarly to the Landwehr. And Landwehr should be a default musket infantry unit for either Prussia or Austria (could use the Line Infantry model).

I disagree, Hungary should absolutely be available to Ottomans as well. The Romanian revolution is based on the liberation of Romania from the Ottomans, and the Hungarian revolution should also be available based on the liberation of Ottoman Hungary.

But Hungary should be removed as an option for Malta, there is just zero connection there. Malta could instead have Romania based on the rule of Iacob Heraclid.

A south Slavic revolution could be good, but really specific ones like Sicily or the Decemberist revolt aren’t great.

1 Like