I am done with china

No way malta is even A tier, it performed poorly throughout the tournament and if it wasn’t a rule that they must be played I doubt we’d have seen them. India that high seems odd too.

2 Likes

agree,Maltese can reach class A,but it isn’t strong enough for class S.

1 Like

that tier list is also biased for higher level play. With godlike apm and micro you can kite away from chinas melee heavy army and hide in trees, etc. For the average, less experienced player with worse decision making and poor micro then china is really really quite strong because of how much dmg output their melee deathball has and how quickly it masses up

3 Likes

China does feel very strong to play atm, I feel like the blockhouse, even defensively is a bit too early atm at 250, could easily be 275 to 300 since combined with the tc it can just stop aggression at about the 6-7 min mark where you are aging up and since it give 5 pop also allows you to not get pop blocked by opponents going for the villages which is the counter play.

This allows you to still get the first few age 3 shipments out (that is not intervention) without worry and then rebuild your deathball momentum

ChinavsJapannewpatch.age3Yrec (12.1 MB)

First ladder game for me in a while so I am rusty and the japan player played so much better then me I feel (more vils, more eco and even more military for a good chunk of it) but the momentum could not be stopped and I just grinded them out.

Granted I think this matchup is china favoured but given how well the ashi-nagi combo works it shouldnt have been this close (also japan is like 50-100 elo above me)

3 Likes

I just want to say, that China is still the most powerful civilization in AoE3.

I’m going to leave a rec that proves my point.

My last suggestions for china.

1- Tea Export (I): Reduce the Export trickle to 0.25 i/o as originally planned
2- Disciples need a nerf
3- The Russian consulate needs revision (increase export costs and remove the passive bonus of cheaper and faster villagers)

It is the fairest in my opinion and really necessary.

3 Likes

The disciples are already weaker than the war dog, why weaken them? Are you joking?

They are capable of easily killing archaic units, like other companions such as dogs, eagles, envoys, etc., they save many games. Not to mention that they have passive critical attacks. Plus, they are very cheap and they train too fast.

In real battle, they are too useful and offer an unacceptable advantage imo.

1 Like

You should take a good look at their prices and properties.

The disciple has only 10 attack power initially, while the dog has 15. Humans are inferior to dogs

Actually, thanks to this ability and training in 7 seconds, the disciple is vastly superior.

1 Like

But the disciple can’t beat the dog, the dog can easily kill the disciple

Well, but I’m not arguing with you if the dog beats the disciple, I’m saying that in real battles the disciple makes a big difference in early battles, if you add to that the TC minuteman, the TC shot, the blockhouse, military shipments and units from the summer palace, China can easily repel any Rush and go up to fortress age. In the rec I tried my best to avoid that, but he just defended himself and still age up (even later age up to Industrial), the game was lost at that point.

If tea export wasn’t so good, the Russian consulate wasn’t broken, and the disciples hadn’t made a difference, maybe I would have had a better chance of winning.

All this I say is because I want to show that China cannot be beaten simply by rushing it.

1 Like

I think the biggest issue is the blockhouse tbh, it provides too much in the early game and comes out too early for it.

it should be 275 or 300 or something, a cost that should make it only an option at about the time you reach age 3 and not in transition

If you want a consulate in age 2 you should be required to use the 300 export card or GFA

I think we can make that change first and then see how that develops from there.

2 Likes

If you lose to China with this deck, you can only say that you have a big problem.

Both are good but I’d say the war dog is better because it shadow techs and the disciple doesn’t IIRC the disciple has upgrades in the monastery.

If China is so powerful, why don’t you take China’s winning over a stronger opponent as a case

It has shadowtechs indeed, the white pagoda only makes them stronger.

I did not understand your point very well, in fact I played several games of this style and I lose very often. On the other hand, most high-level players think that the Lakotas are full counter to the Chinese, even so, I felt a huge disadvantage for much of the game.

1 Like

Didn’t realize that thanks, so they shadow tech, have white pagoda and 2 or 3 techs to boost attack and HP at the monastery lol I’ll have to try them out.

I think that the Lakotas are almost full counter to the Chinese ,too. I watched the rep, and I think this chinese player is too powerful to your Lakota.
I also think you should play more Chinese in the game before you show your opinion.
Nerf disciplines will make China unable to resist cavalry.That will make China a civilization that can’t be used.

1 Like

Vaya currazo, a eso no se le puede llamar “tomarse la libertad”… Buen trabajo EliteRiflemann!

3 Likes

have always felt that in the hands of an expert player India and the USA are extremely powerful.

2 Likes