I cannot finish a game as Lithuanians against Ethiopians on Ghost Lake map

Hello!

This is my first post ever on this forum, but there is something which is bugging me for a small “Random Map” game that I played on the map Ghost Lake:

I decided to have a game as Lithuanians agains the Ethiopians (also I chose Easy mode just to easily defeat the opponent and attempt the 20 sheep hoarding achievement on XBOX).

Not only that I failed to find 20 sheep on the map (maybe the Ethiopians ate a few of them before I could ever reach them) - but before finding the 5th Relic and bringing it to the Monastery - the game crashed.

Thank you DEV team for the question about what I was doing when the game crashed - only that I do not know what was bad and crashed the game:

• having 4 Relics in the Lithuanian Monastery ;
  • having 16 Sheep alive in an enclosed area ;
  • 5 monks on an attempt to convert an enemy scout ;
  • over 20 of my units going on a rampage destruction spree over Ethiopian buildings.

Now, just loading the Autosave file game is not possible - AOE2:DE crashes only when I attempt to restore this little game of Ghost Lake…

:frowning:

In the end I failed all of my three objectives:

• Win with the Lithuanian Civilization ;
  • 20 sheep hoarder achievement ;
  • current AOE2:DE event “5 Relics” Achievement.

I think you can do it single player if all else needed. No other players, not even AI. Just such victory to standard and you will win by building a wonder or taking all the relics.

1 Like

the devs might be interested in the save game as well, to analyze what’s causing the crash. just guessing though

2 Likes

I cannot view the Recorded game, neither load the Saved Game.

It seems even the Autosave file is corrupted, as its size is way too small compared to similar saved games of mine.

I have no idea about what it could have happened.

hmm, no idea then…
welcome to the forums btw

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I am posting all the logs and also the saved game with the recorded file - or what should have been the recorded game.

##################################################################

It would be interesting if someone could actually open the game and not have it crash on its computer.

If a save is very old the data is changed and may no longer be able to be loaded. Just note.

This game is rather frequently updated.

The save is from 2 hours ago. Does that mean that save is “very old” ?

Would that be the case of not being able to be loaded?

No I think he means previous patches