I have not received the cosmetic even though I participated in the Cosmetic Award Challenge event

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: V. 100.15.30007.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Even though I participated in the Community Challenges and received the Challenge success message, new Cosmetics are not unlocked.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Participate in the Community Challenge to distribute the New Cosmetic.
  2. After playing the game and checking your results, check to see if your results are reflected on the Leaderboard.
  3. In my case, the results of most of the games I have played so far have not been reflected in the Leaderboard. Then, even though I received a message informing me that the Community Event Challenge was successful and that New Cosmetic was unlocked, I couldn’t get it.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Once a player is confirmed to have participated in The Community Event, he should be able to get the Cosmetic reward after the Challenge ends.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

As you can see in this screenshot, I have participated in all but the second week of this event.
However, according to other players and the developers, playing the game just once is enough to receive an award.

My game results are displayed on the Leaderboard.
However, this was just the tip of the iceberg, and most of the games I played were not recorded.
It is possible that this bug is closely related to the cause of the current problem. However, since the recent server maintenance, the results of the games I played have been reflected correctly, so it may be fixed now.

This Event Challenge was successful before the server maintenance. Therefore (even if my speculation above is correct) I did not receive any rewards for events that ended before the maintenance.

For your reference, although not the current version, I have also included screenshots from the previous event “Francis Drake” challenge.

The same problem occurred that time, and some players, including myself, who participated in the Challenge were unable to receive their awards.

Finally, the day before, I heard from a developer that “If you tell me your user profile number, I can manually unlock it,” so I’ll include my number here as well.
My number is 76561199121629781.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

2 Likes

Need help about skin locked [Mega thread] - Age of Empires III: DE / III - Report a Bug - Age of Empires Forum

Main thread is there