I have to be blue color in a game i host

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.12.48944.0 (#114480) 14512201
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When I host a custom lobby my color is blue no matter which player number i choose. It## ### ## ####-colors things. My color is blue in lobby and in game and other players sees my as blue. If other player number is 1 and my is whatever we are both blue. It doesn’t happen in other players’ lobbies, only when I host.
I restared game, steam, PC.
I reinstalled the game
I disabled all the mods.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
Everytime I host a custom lobby

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Host a lobby
  2. I am blue

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

[MP Replay v101.102.48944.0 @2024.06.20 223917 (1).aoe2record|attachment]

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
################################################# (503.0 KB)

Hi @GreatMrCat

Thanks for the report with the player’s color in a custom lobby.

I can recommend a workaround to solve this issue, could you try the following steps:

1. Deleting your user files. For deleting your user files, you should:
    a. Make sure that your Steam Cloud is disabled in Steam, AoE2 game, Properties, General.
    b. Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE.
    c. Copy your user folder to a safe place, it has lots of numbers.
    d. Delete the original folder
    e. Verify your files in Steam, AoE2 game, Properties, Local Files.
    f. Open the game again. A new user folder will be created.

If this works, then copy back the files from your old user folder. Those files are in the folder -C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE<0>\Savegame, Recorded Games and Save games.

Thanks Ivan,
I’ve done as you’ve written. It worked. But when i copied files from the old folder to newly created folder the bu occured again.
I’ve deleted the folder again, and then copied only to profile (for hotkeys) and mods. The error still occurs. Steam cloud is disabled. I don’t want the bug, but i want to use my hotkeys and mods. Is there a way to identify the file that makes the bug happen?

Thanks for letting us know about this update. Great to know that you found the root of the issue.

The issue is probably caused by one of the mods you are using, but from here, we are not able to know which it is. I would recommend trying adding mods one by one to identify which one is causing the issue. If you can identify which one is causing it, it might help other players with similar issues.

The problem occurs even when all mods are disabled. Can just subscribing to a mod cause the issue?

Yes. When you install a mod in the game, it is loaded every time you start it. You decide if that mod is active or not, but the game already loaded it and any issue related to it is loaded as well.

You can see this when the game runs without a problem when you remove the installed mod folder.

I experience the same issue, only that my color is always yellow whenever I host.