I hope the Berserker will inspire the designers to rethink infantry and give them new ideas!!!
I hope infantry will no longer be a simple closed loop: cheap production → march to the front line → die. No longer Plants vs. Zombies, no longer called zombies!
I hope that after this version, the gameplay will undergo major adjustments to the three main unit types! There must be innovation!
“Orcs will never be slaves!”
Since the Vikings cannot use cavalry prior to the third age, it appears that Berserkers are intended to fill that role. The issue, however, is that they are light infantry vulnerable to archers. I am curious to see how this was addressed. Simply granting a bit of ranged defense likely wouldn’t suffice, given that light infantry take bonus damage from archers.
P.S. Turns out, it doesn’t actually say that Berserkers are light infantry. According to the introduction page, they are just “infantry”. They might be a type of infantry that doesn’t fall into any specific armor category, much like Freeborn Warriors.
1 Like