I personally think Tower need Blacksmith to unlock

I completely understand that polls posted on social aren’t scientific. My stance is simply if there are a decent amount of players complaining about something then it should be addressed. I’d rather not see towers nerfed into unviability too. I don’t really care if I get rushed but I am concerned about the playerbase in general.

People are starting to realize how strong towers are outside of just Mongol/English. You’re starting to see even civs such as French start to use them as part of a rush. Most pro’s will admit that towers are overtuned and I’m hoping the PUP changes help but my gut feeling is that they’re not enough.

1 Like

The coin has to sides. There are ppl who dislike and there are ppl who likes it. Im later one because its something that happens rarely to me because I play 2v2. My most exciting games in recent times been when I get TR or any other weird 2v2 strategy even when I lose to it. I don’t blame the strategy but look at myself and what I did wrong and like “ok I lost because I missed too many villager production due microing against towers”
There is one very nasty strategy in 2v2 which is even stronger than TR and it hits way faster and harder and is insta loss if you don’t know before you load to game or if you just happened to react properly with right civ. For me I have yet to figure out right response to it as chinese because I cant rely my random teammate to act accordingly even if I tell about it first second we hop to game. Most of my games are dull and boring because ppl are purely doing just standard and no variety at all. I can tell straight up what is going to happen and what opponent does the moment I see the civs.

It should be viable for any civ not just china or mongols or eng. While it can be stronger for them it should still remain viable strat for any other civ. The biggest reason is why ppl are doing it on any civ is because its something that you don’t expect. For example if you TR as french. No one is expecting this giving its much greater amount of impact. If you do it as mongols you’re already expecting it. This is what so amazing about TR when it works with all civs. Player has to respect and not assume oh there will be 2 french knights in my base.

I also think that we shouldn’t take away the validity of some strategy, just making it harder to succeed should suffice.

e.g.

• the building time of tower outside the starting tc (15-20 tiles) should increase by 1.5 times. 2-2.5 times, if it is under 20-25 tiles of the enemy starting tc.
  • increase the torch damage of villagers against tw.

This increase of the building time if apply to the BBQ, would make the BBQ rush easy to handle. (even more if we increase the dmg villager does against other vills (non-eng vill))

Hmmm you said you didn’t reference a “poll”? Are these not both your quotes??? How many more times would you prefer I re-read? Don’t do that…

Now back to the regular topic; if the game is dying at a rate abnormal to other games of similar genre what relic should do is conduct research to see WHY ppl are leaving? For ppl to make an extremely bold and premature association between a gameplay strat and player numbers WITHOUT any data, is just disingenuous.

Personally I looooove tower rushes!! BUT, if the community has a strong disposition against it, THEN tower rushes get nerfed or go away! Still I’m waiting to see these polls and mass opinion against this tower strat.

For example, I LOVE CHINA!! But China has the lowest pick rate? and the lowest win rate across the board!! AND every day I and other make a new forum thread about China, “how to change…” Is it fair to say a larger portion of the community doesn’t enjoy and/or can’t win with this civ? Is there sufficient data to maybe rethink a few “something” about this faction and its playstyle??

YEah why did they move delhi techs to castle?

Just because the nerf being talked about will affect you doesn’t mean it’s not worth looking at.

If you winning causes someone to leave the game then I would you rather lose every single one of your games.

I suggest making towers at the own base stronger. The closer they were build to the enemy base the more expensive and weaker they are. Like this they get not weaker for defense but for tower rush.

Because Delhi is supposed to be a mid/lategame civ and had an unfair advantage in early game with some techs. So they moved them up the ages while Delhi still stayed a viable mid/late civ.

England and mongols are supposed to be agressive early/mid game civs. If you nerf the early agression the whole civ becomes useless.

And I dont know your Elo, but a win is 95% achieved by a leaving enemy that knows he allready lost while he still would bei able to defend for useless 20 minutes.

so what ever explains your side of the argument is solid otherwise enhhhh… yeah right. For delhi they supposed to be mid/late? REALLY? mid/LATE? you want to try this again?

have you played delhi? do you even know if people go IMP on them? you lost all credibility with that comment. now i know you here just winning on cheese plays and that’s why you up in arms if someone wants to nerf TR. what a joke.

That’s kind of the issue I have with mongols. After the nerfs in february and march (which were very well deserved as the entire civ was OP) the early aggression of mongols was pretty much gone. People still build one or two towers but usually aim for fast castle which is pretty contradictory to the overall civ design imo.

Totally agree.
Towers are too cheap and spammable right now and it’s being used more and more.
If you are playing french and have a good mass its pretty easy to start towering the opponent’s resources and deny them completely from the opponent.
But even defensively they can be strong. HRE for example just need one tower on their gold now and can easily be in castle at 8min even if up against feudal pressure.

I go fast castle as chinese and I hit it as fast as HRE and considering I need to make IO or IO’s which slows down economy and im almost always safe top of that china is one of the civs that shouldn’t gather food under TC so have to spent wood on making mill next to TC if there is aggression. I think fastest I hit the castle was around 7:30 or so

Chinese eco doeant scale as fast as hre though, specially after season 2 patch comes in.

Probably yeah, but my playstyle gets minor buff in next patch too so yeah other than just ■■■■ patch for chinese players

1 Like

So Delhi is supposed to be early civ? That has to be the reason their specific civ unit unlocks age 3 lfmao.

It’s ok man, I get it you don’t know ■■■■. If you are making elephants with Delhi you are on your way to a loss.
Go watch games and see how many end up in Castle and then with elephants. if possible delhi would like to end before any late game starts. Before anyone makes it into IMP. IMP is death for Delhi, DEATH!

You are impressive, I hope you didn’t hurt yourself laughing too hard.
■■■■■■■ dude’s clueless.