I REALLY hope AOE4 gets a luducrius map size to make amazing Real world maps (not like aoe3...)

Yeah, I’ve posted something similar somewhere else on this forum. I love the ludricous map size because it allows for longer gameplay and twists and turns, and now possibly for hide and seek too, which makes it even more dramatic. Small size maps make up for battles, big map sizes make up for wars, that’s the difference. When you have enough time and resources it’s easier and possible to recover with a couple of villagers dispersed here and there… that’s something far more difficult to do in Age 3, with its 3 town centers only. But Age 3 was built for speed and aggresivity, while Age 2 allows for active and passive stances, multiple choices, different tactics, a far greater evolutionary scope of your own strategies over time. So, for me, having these very big sizes made me feel much more like I am truly conquering terrain and building an empire, a deeply satisfying experience. I wish I can reproduce that with Age 4.

3 Likes